Most Humiliating Defeats

CL Final 1999 (2:1) Fecking Manu, was heartbroken for weeks.
CL Final 2012, was in the stadium, still can not belive all the chances we missed, will hate chelsea for ever because of that. (Was kinda happy for Drogba though).
DFB Pokal Final 2012 (Losing 5:2, Lahm saying we were the better team, fecking lil shit)
DFB Pokal 1994 1. Round loss (1:0) against an absolute amateur team called TSV Vestenbergsreuth
CL Quarter Finals 2008/09 against Barcelona (4:0) who absolutely smashed us within 45 minutes, the game was the turning point for our board, lets say a wakeup call.

EDIT: Feck, I thought I would be in the General football forum, really sorry lads, don't hang me for that.

I have never forgiven Bayern for messing up in 1999. I was eight years old and cried my eyes out when the winner went in.

I remember my dad winning tickets for us on the radio and they was against Wimbledon. Me and my mum turned up met Ian Wright and a few others and had our picture taken on the pitch with Alex Williams before kick off, we got tunnel side seats it was a great morning/afternoon and then we got enialated 0-4 off Wimbledon, Niel Shipperley looked like Ronaldo that day haha

Well it seemed humiliating for me. IIRC we played West Ham at Maine road in early 1970 . Spurs had just unloaded Jimmy Greaves to West Ham . West Ham beat us 5 - 1 and Greaves got two goals. To be fair though, Greaves was a devastating goal scorer, as he showed on that day.

I can handle most defeats including getting battered but the Wigan cup final was an embarrassment all round.

The Bolton one I think was 3-0 think someone Got a hat trick would have struggled to burn burden park down in that concrete open end. Bury however very inflammable

just checked Bolton 71/72 Jones hat trick impressive attendance over 42k
that was my first game, was still at school in Doncaster and 1 of my mates who was a city fan was going with his dad who was a Bolton fan so I went with them, it was just after the M62 had opened there must have been thousands of blues there as there were hundreds of cars on the dual carriageway near the ground left so the fans could get in

Well it seemed humiliating for me. IIRC we played West Ham at Maine road in early 1970 . Spurs had just unloaded Jimmy Greaves to West Ham . West Ham beat us 5 - 1 and Greaves got two goals. To be fair though, Greaves was a devastating goal scorer, as he showed on that day.
This was the return,revenge match following West ham 0 City 4 at WHU Dec 1969.
City also had a few injuries ..hammers took full advantage.
The 1969 game,on a mud bath of a pitch, Bell Lee and...Bowyer were the star performers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.