Most Important City Goals

br88

There has been so many crucial goals scored by City over the last 10 years...what would be your thoughts about the top 5. I think we know the winner but after that it is open for discussion. Mine would be as follows; Aguero v QPR 2012, Kompany v Leicester May 2019, Yaya v Newcastle 2012[first of his two goals], Sane v Liverpool Jan 2019, Yaya v United in FA Cup semi 2011. There are so many to choose from.

There has been so many crucial goals scored by City over the last 10 years...what would be your thoughts about the top 5. I think we know the winner but after that it is open for discussion. Mine would be as follows; Aguero v QPR 2012, Kompany v Leicester May 2019, Yaya v Newcastle 2012[first of his two goals], Sane v Liverpool Jan 2019, Yaya v United in FA Cup semi 2011. There are so many to choose from.
Paul dickovs is the most important in recent memory, that doesn’t go in and god knows where we’d of ended up, we were on our arse financially and to expect the fan base to put up with another year in limbo, regardless of loyalty, would of been a big ask…. Glory isn’t always about trophies!

My top 10:

1) Aguero vs QPR (11-12)
2) Kompany vs United (11-12)
3) Demba Ba vs Liverpool (:D)
4) Sane vs Liverpool (18-19)
5) KDB vs PSG (20-21 CL semi final, that goal was turning point)
6) Yaya vs United (FA Cup 10-11)
7) KDB vs PSG (15-16 CL quarter finals second leg)
8) Kompany vs Leicester (18-19)
9) Mahrez vs Dortmund P(20-21 CL quarter final second leg)
10) Yaya Toure both goals vs Newcastle (11-12)

It won't make anyone's top 10 (probably not even a top 50, in a lot of cases), but Edin's late equaliser against Notts County in the cup run in 2011. It helped propel us on to that vital first trophy since we were founded a little over 2 years earlier.
It's all building blocks to where we are now. Another one that's not as memorable is Ieanacho's at Swansea last game of the season 2015/16. Got us a draw that meant CL football in Pep's first season.

Any room for Paul Simpsons late lob at Portsmouth in 1985 ?? A 2-1 win at our promotion rivals during an injury crisis I have seen at City neither before nor since.

Our promotion charge had gone tits up thanks to those injuries (just imagined Klopps whining if he our gaffer that year...oh my good hed have been a teenager double the mithering!) and suspensions.

Our season was in tatters and Portsmouth had equalised minutes before and they would probably have gone passed us into third place as our form evaporated.

Without that goal there would never have been the 200000 crowd at home to Charlton. In the long game, didnt make too much difference as we only survived two seasons "in the big time" but at the time it was a crucial goal.

Last edited:
Michael Johnson's goal against Derby on 15 August 2007. First home goal for almost 8 months since Jan 1st. Oh how we missed Stuart Pearce

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.