Most pissed you have been at a game..

Late 1970s, coach from social club around midnight down to dover then ferry over to Ostende then onto Eindhoven, dropped bag in the hotel and local pub for a few hours then coach over the border to monchengladbach, few beers outside and met a few soldiers who had come from a local barracks to support us, lost game 3-1, back to Eindhoven for midnight, taxi into town to a street full of bars, around 6 in the morning remembered coach left at 7 but couldn't remember name of hotel, rung police who were very nice but couldn't help and eventually fell lucky flagging a taxi down who recognised hotel from description, grabbed bags and back on coach with minutes to spare , couple of hours to kill so off in a bar having changed guilders for francs, bar on boat, had to carry mate to duty free to buy vodka as couldn't walk, back at Dover and had lost passport but let in, helped customs were on strike, coach back to Manchester from where mate drove us home!! Some trip that.

Dunno what it is about away days. On way there and pre match drinks are flowing. By the time we are back to the coach/train I'm knackered and headache has kicked in.

Sevilla was also messy. Our pub got attacked and the windows got put through, my old man ran out to take them on on his own the mad old ****. Got his head bust open by a table and I was too pissed to go to the hospital with him so sent some random city fan who spoke Spanish (if you’re on here, I owe you a beer!)

Groclin away. Started in Poznan drinking vodka with some local labourers in a wooden shack by the station. Then a crazy train journey to Grodzisk with a bunch of Lech Poznan fans who were going to the game and insisted we joined in their drinking games. Then it gets blurry. I remember falling down a mud bank behind the goal where there was some sort of Hog Roast going on....and that's it.

Semi final v the rags, on JD and Coke from about 6am all a bit of a blur by the time we had passed Birmingham on the coach, kinda remember doing the poznan in the 5th tier then ending up about 4 rows down in a crumbled mess, lots of very jaded memories for the rest of the night then waking up the next day covered in bruises.
That sounds very familiar JD and coke pre mixed in 2 litre bottles ...for when the beer kicks in ha ha oh wait that's a normal game

Coventry away. Night game in the cup. Some time during the 90's(?)
That's all I can remember
was about 96 & was the most pissed i've ever been at a game too,got to Coventry about mid day for a 7.30pm ko & didn't move out of Yates' all day,nearly missed train back i was that pissed...

That sounds very familiar JD and coke pre mixed in 2 litre bottles ...for when the beer kicks in ha ha oh wait that's a normal game

500ml bottles of coke empty a third out top up with jd repeat 6 times (good use of a litre of jd) 'no alcohol on football coaches' meh! I've shit em.

was about 96 & was the most pissed i've ever been at a game too,got to Coventry about mid day for a 7.30pm ko & didn't move out of Yates' all day,nearly missed train back i was that pissed...
You weren’t on the Chaddy coach were you? We left ridiculously early for a night game, everyone was shit faced lol

Pre season tour of Holland, pissed for 3 days, only sleep I got was on the terracing at one of the games, not got a clue who we played or what the results were

And then there was Basle, away. I flew into somewhere and had a couple of beers, met up with the London Blues and had more. We then went to a 'pub' right outside the ground and had even more but..... I stuck to my rule, dont be pissed before the match and was OK. After the match is different and we left the ground and went back to the same pub. After that it is a total blur, I am told we got on the wrong tram and ended up miles from where we should have been.
Apparently I tried flagging a taxi down whilst sat in the middle of the road. Fortunately the cop who got out saw the funny side and radioed for one. Well they both have lights on the roof, how was i to know !
If it wasnt for a brilliant London Blue who got me back to the apartment I think I would have frozen to death in the wasteland that is a Basle industrial estate.

So, a quick mention to all the the London Blues who have drunk with me in Turin, Basle and just about every other City we have visited these last few years. A better bunch of drunks you could not wish to meet.
Alwite guvnor

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.