Most underrated City player?

zangatangring

Title says it all.

I guess It's going to be predominantly Barry/Milner....

But, for me, It's Yaya Toure. Everywhere I look concerning him, there seems to be some sort of underestimation. Out of the whole premier league, he's the player with the most in his locker. Finishing, First touch, Passing, Speed, Vision, versatility etc.... it's all there. Yet, i often hear people cite the marauding runs only. The downpoint can be his work rate (at times, even though he does have a very physically demanding job) and his defensive aspects (especially when comparing with the likes of De Jong).

A more interesting question I think to ask fellow bluemooners would be who is most overrated?

For most underrated I think Barry is always in for a shout, especially outside of man city fans where no one sees what he does for us week in week out. Lescott is also quite underrated, I think he's done a great job since Kolo hasn't been allowed to play.

Never considered Milner or Yaya underrated, especially Yaya.

BlueGun said:
cityboy1 said:
barry

-- Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:41 pm --

barry

He's the most overrated on BM these days..

Judging by the way he's started this season, and the way he played in pre-season. It's hardly overrated. He's doing the business!

Most underrated player for me would probably have to be Yaya Toure, he's underestimated by most it seems. He's done it all with Barcelona, he can play at the back, defensive mid, centre mid, attacking mid, he's got power, pace, vision, he can shoot... The list goes on, he's a monster!

citytillidie24 said:
BlueGun said:
cityboy1 said:
barry

-- Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:41 pm --

barry

He's the most overrated on BM these days..

Judging by the way he's started this season, and the way he played in pre-season. It's hardly overrated. He's doing the business!

Most underrated player for me would probably have to be Yaya Toure, he's underestimated by most it seems. He's done it all with Barcelona, he can play at the back, defensive mid, centre mid, attacking mid, he's got power, pace, vision, he can shoot... The list goes on, he's a monster!
My kind of man :-).

City is definitely embracing the Muslim world, and i have no doubt Kolo has a massive influence behind the scenes with respect to culture. On the pitch though i think his best days have gone, he looked a bit shaky last time he was out and the defence seemed more panicky with him running the show, afterall he was made captain. He'll end up with a role like Viera has.

The most underated player? tough question they are all shit hot right now and they are all rated highly, I'm though very curious to learn more about Pantilimon i think he could be class but i'm not sure about most underated, maybe Kolorov? - Mancini seems to have faith in him.

Most overrated player we have imo is Joe Hart. Don't get me wrong he is a good player and has the potential to be world class. I just think he needs a couple more years under his belt experience wise (CL i mean against the best).

Most underrated player well that's a bloody hard one to pick. Its a toss up for me between Lescott or Balotelli. Balotelli might be a controversial choice but the lad is pure class its just a shame all the weird shit he gets up to takes the shine of the good things he does on the pitch. Personally i hope he sorts is head out or he could end up as another Anelka.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.