Most underrated player to play for city

As an out of town Blue....i can,t tell you how much John Bond meant to me.
He ripped all the depression and ridicule to bits.3 Swift,smart signingsBang Bang Bang!! Hutch Bobby mac and Gerry Gow.all hardened professionals.they gave me life.City stopped losing.almost immediately..
We had a team.transformation.No longer the team anybody could take fhe piss out of.
God bless John Bond.....and Gerry Gow.City werent fragile anymore.Rejoice!

They were great times for sure..

Went to all the games in the FA Cup run including the replay at Wembley..

F'kin Ricky, bastard Villa..!

As an out of town Blue....i can,t tell you how much John Bond meant to me.
He ripped all the depression and ridicule to bits.3 Swift,smart signingsBang Bang Bang!! Hutch Bobby mac and Gerry Gow.all hardened professionals.they gave me life.City stopped losing.almost immediately..
We had a team.transformation.No longer the team anybody could take fhe piss out of.
God bless John Bond.....and Gerry Gow.City werent fragile anymore.Rejoice!
Totally agree pal

They were great times for sure..

Went to all the games in the FA Cup run including the replay at Wembley..

F'kin Ricky, bastard Villa..!
The Peterborough 1nil Tommy Booth must have bin a moment!
That match, and the Everton QF replay at Maine rd are the only two games in that brilliant cup run that i dont remember either listening to or watching the highlights...bit of a void in the memory bank!
All the other games v Palace,Norwich everton away and of course the two spurs finals i, managed to watch or listen to as they happened..........so relieved when i heard Booth had scored at Peterborough. 1nil.job done!!

The sarcastic cheers when Edgehill was subbed after an awkward own goal were a real low. You’re supposed to support players and get behind them. Once your confidence goes then it’s very difficult to find it again. Certain sections of City’s support make me sick sometimes.

Agreed, fuckwits of the highest order. I thought Edgehill was massively underrated, was on the verge of an England call up pre-injury.

The Peterborough 1nil Tommy Booth must have bin a moment!
That match, and the Everton QF replay at Maine rd are the only two games in that brilliant cup run that i dont remember either listening to or watching the highlights...bit of a void in the memory bank!
All the other games v Palace,Norwich everton away and of course the two spurs finals i, managed to watch or listen to as they happened..........so relieved when i heard Booth had scored at Peterborough. 1nil.job done!!

Peterborough away was the proverbial banana skin..

After winning there in the 5th round, I remember thinking, get a qtr final home draw and we've got a bit of a chance..

Everton away was tough.. Remember Paul Power lobbing their keeper for 2-2..

It was character building after the game getting back to Lime Street that's for sure..

Beat them 3-1 in the replay with Bobby Mac scoring 2.. (as we all know)

The Kippax was absolutely rammed that night..

I was 17 years old.. Jeeze, where's all the time gone?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.