MOTD’s All-Time PL Eleven

Dr Jacoby

The clip is a few months’ old but I think it’s worth watching if you missed it.

I was disappointed to see that Zabaleta and Silva were not even shortlisted for their respective positions.

And I’m not sure Yaya was even mentioned for one of the midfield spots.

Is it the rags 99 team?

To protect my health I'm not watching it.

:)

It's very subjective to pick all time X1's, for eg, do you pick Lampard who was consistent for a decade or yaya who in his pomp was unplayable. ???
A peak yaya was twice the player the of a peak lampard but Lampard was better over a longer period. imo.
Silva should be in any team tho

Silva is like the sugar that sweetens the drink. You cant see it but know it when it isn't there.

No Yaya?= No Watchy.
No Silva? = Defo no watchy!

This wouldn't surprise anyone who has watched no more than a handful of games at The Etihad and seen the ensuing chaos in an opposition team when Yaya was on one of his famous charges, or when Kun was approaching an oppo penalty area with the ball at his feet, or when Silva was weighing up one of the hundred options his vision could deliver to his feet. The people who come up with those kind of lists are partially sighted, if not registered blind. They see no more than they want to see.

The panellists should be knowledgeable. E.g.:

Ian Wright - scored a lot of international goals against San Marino and Moldova.
Alan Shearer - chose to join Newcastle over Man Utd to 'win trophies'.

Last edited:
For those who care (if anyone at all), the ‘expert’ panel decided upon this:

Schmeichel
G Neville, Ferdinand, Terry, Cole
Ronaldo, Gerrard, Lampard, Giggs
Henry, Shearer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.