Match of the Day - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolves game as well. Pretty much same error. The ‘give Mangala a chance’ brigade on here are really starting to piss me off. Surely it’s clear to anyone that, nice as he is, he is simply not good enough. The evidence is there time and time again with pretty much a major gaff each game (which could have directly led to a goal) and has been now for years. It’s not like he hasn’t had numerous chances to prove his class. He just is-not-good-enough. End of.
While I agree, he's never had a sustained run in the team. How average was stones up until this season, same with otta. Both had a decent run together and looked like world beaters. Played about 60 games for us, in and out of the team. Difficult to establish yourself

Kompany played against Southampton and we were equally poor from set pieces. I would rather have him playing than Mangala (who I thought did ok today) but he hasn't looked great since his return from injury.

I know what you mean, vinny had a few wobbles that game but i would put that down to lack of actual game time and after being out so long he is lacking the quick reaction instincts etc that he was known for. However i would rather him be in the back line than mangala also.

It isnt hate on my part, he just isnt capable of getting himself into the correct position. That fiasco today when he got beat with about 3 yards head start, and to then get out muscled annd end up looking stupid falling over just sums up his time since moving here. Not being hateful but he isnt good enough.

If i was playing against against us, i would be gappy seeing him in the backline especially after today.

The problem on the corners is as said on motd2, we setup with the taller players central and the smaller ones out wide, hence getting beat to the flick on at the hear post

The flick on at the near post is a difficult one as it relies often on someone who is not a defender, stopping the first ball. The centre backs are usually employed in the main danger areas.

The plain obvious ball into the centre of the penalty area, is food & drink to centre backs & ours should be attacking it & at least preventing a free header. We allowed the attacker to get inside the flight of the ball, which is just poor defending rather than any tactical problem.

Stones, this season, would have dealt with it, as would Kompany in a normal run of games.

That's where I see a job for someone like Van Dijk. Just stand him nearby & tell him to attack & win every ball in that area, then let the others worry about the rest.

Edit: just to add, Gabriel Jesus is pretty good at the near post stuff.

If shearer thinks the scum are playing football at the level we are then he needs to go back for another scan because he's talking absolute drivel.

Phil Neville is such a bellend, Shaun Dyche has shirley already staked his claim for manager of the year.

Last edited:
If shearer thinks the scum are playing football at the level we are then he needs to go back for another scan because he's talking absolute drivel.
Fantastic footballer. But with that level of drivel revealed himself to be a prick of the first order as far as sensible analysis goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.