MOTD 19/20

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by karen7, 10 Aug 2019.

1. Fred_Quimby

Fred_Quimby

Not watched it for years. The clue is in the title “Match of the Day” not Matches. Used to the whole programme to a particular top match. OK show the highlights of other matches ie goals but go back to a main match.

Just re-red that. We all know what would happen. Plonker.

Kirkstall Blue likes this.
  2. br88

br88

Spot on and also glad that they didn't tip City.

3. Inter Me Nan

Inter Me Nan

I watched the Sky Sports highlights on YouTube, was done in 15 mins instead of watching these clowns.

4. Mayor West

Mayor West

Bloody hell, alright grandad!!!

5. bluetonium

bluetonium

Watched it this morning. The lack of any kind of tactical discussion, in depth analysis of the play, means I think I'm pretty much done with it anyway now. Record it for the goals, but can't see me wanting to hear the 'analysis'. It's pretty much going to be a what season of:

Lineker: What about VAR then again, I mean whoo... sheesh... pfffff?
    Shearer: Yeah, it's a thing that needs to be looked at, definitely Gary.
    Wright: Hahahahahah
    Lineker: Bants Wrighty, striker's club bants! Haha!
    All: Hahahahah.

There's a gap in the market for a football show that talks about tactics, strengths and weakneses, play leading up to goals and chances, rather than just selected highlights.

6. Mayor West

Mayor West

That's a great goal by ndombele to be fair

7. richardtheref

richardtheref

Tub head Shearer once again spouting the laws of the game re the penalty in our game and as usual getting it completely wrong. The problem is once the likes of him state it on MOTD the majority of punters take it as gospel.
    Years ago Andy Gray came up with a classic about there having to be "daylight" for you to be off side. Never ever stated this in the laws of the game yet every pub player and supporter took this as being correct.

8. Kennedy_probably_has

Kennedy_probably_has

European Football Show on BT Sport was the only thing that came close to an original football show and they cancelled it. The MNF on Sky before the game is probably the best analysis on the weekends games right now

9. Ban-jani

Ban-jani

I remember when this was all fields

Northblue likes this.
  10. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

With the monumental cocks up that VAR has made with offside, and will no doubt continue to make, I advocate 'daylight' between the attacker and the last defender. If yer can adjudge a ball not to be over the line by 11mm then day light shouldn't be a problem. It amuses me that some people think that having a shoulder in front renders a player offside. The only one I recall seeing score with their shoulder was Mario!

Bob Hope likes this.