MOTD 19/20

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by karen7, 10 Aug 2019.

1. markprendy

markprendy

I thought the same when Shearer and Ian Wright both said they think Liverpool will win the title. I remember Shearer plumped for Chelsea in the past simply because Mourinho was the "best manager in the league". So where is the logic when we have the best manager as well as strengthened and one of our key players back? Whereas Liverpool haven't strengthened and last season got the rub of the green with no key injuries, dodgy decisions and last min own goals to keep them on our tails. I can only think they are willing them to win.

2. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey

Shearers picked Liverpool because he needs to say something a little bit less obvious to validate his existence as a pundit. He offers nothing insightful so tipping Liverpool makes him a little bit more edgy in his mind and keeps him in a job.

Scoobz1 likes this.
  3. BuryBlue1977

BuryBlue1977

Crazily Premier League rules are different to FIFA. Eg FIFA will use VAR if the goalie moves off the line as seen in the women’s World Cup but the Premier League won’t. I saw it on a program on sky with the Head of Referees (or whatever his title is)

4. East Level 2

East Level 2

That's my understanding, which makes no bloody sense as a keeper moving before a penalty is taken is a perfect application of VAR.

BuryBlue1977 likes this.
  5. crazyg

crazyg

The best I can remember was Benjani's at the swamp in the 2007/8 season.

levets likes this.
  6. richardtheref

richardtheref

Yes I have seen the PL directives which, in law, are not technically correct. Very strange.
    Mind you I was also under the impression that the on field ref would be reviewing decisions on the advice of VAR and this isn't happening. Saw a cup final in Australie a few years back where the VAR ref over ruled the onfield referee 12 times. Made him look a right twat

7. jimharri

jimharri

Proper ruined their special day, that did. What a partnership that was, Vassell and "smiler".

8. jimharri

jimharri

This should be good.....

9. ballinio

ballinio

They’ll try to ‘normalise’ var , their jobs depend on it .

10. karen7

karen7

Fuck this tonite,i'm still mad without watching it again