Match of the Day - 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpg

Should have been a sending off

It was cynical and deliberate, and the rotational clogging was pretty awful to watch, but I don't think it was what would normally cop a sending off.

Apparently 24 people have now been booked this season for fouling Traore.

Micah on MOTD2 was brilliant. His enthusiasm completely put the idiot Janus in the shade.Janus was not happy. Think he's worth 3 dipper clones

What another VAR decision that never was to help Spurs? Can’t be that’s photoshop because @Crouchinho and @JimB had a really big list where Spurs suffered as much as city at the hands of that filthy tech
Never a sending off. I see Liverpool fans doing the same about Kompany last season too. You must be cut from the same cloth. Nice try though!

We never said that either. Just that you and some of your cronies said Spurs benefit as much as United and Pool without any proof.

Last edited:
Never a sending off. I see Liverpool fans doing the same about Kompany last season too. You must be cut from the same cloth. Nice try though!

We never said that either. Just that you and some of your cronies said Spurs benefit as much as United and Pool without any proof.

I think that @Wanderingwolf was somewhat in jest, given his allegiance.

I thought @JimB was pretty clear that he thought Spurs has some in their favour and some against. I have to say that has been my recollection, but I may just not recall some of those against, what with it not being my team. Anyone citing the CL match last year doesn't help their argument about PL VAR this season.

I think that @Wanderingwolf was somewhat in jest, given his allegiance.

I thought @JimB was pretty clear that he thought Spurs has some in their favour and some against. I have to say that has been my recollection, but I may just not recall some of those against, what with it not being my team. Anyone citing the CL match last year doesn't help their argument about PL VAR this season.
Oh yep Wanderingwolf is a sound fella. Yep this can get lost on people's opinions. I've spoken about it too much, I'm against VAR. I just defend Spurs when needed. Maybe I'm being clarkied way too much. I should have learned from Jimharri years ago, I'm sure he invented being a wind up merchant, the arsehole!

Was in jest (sort of) just sickening to see the deliberate cynical fouling on him, which is so obvious and even Nuno spoke about it afterwards, he rarely makes any comment about the ref. He is the most fouled player in the box according to sky, its clear to everyone apart from the ref.

Was in jest (sort of) just sickening to see the deliberate cynical fouling on him, which is so obvious and even Nuno spoke about it afterwards, he rarely makes any comment about the ref. He is the most fouled player in the box according to sky, its clear to everyone apart from the ref.

It was pretty pathetic that Spurs had to sink to that, although I don't think Dier has anything more in his game. At least it didn't look like he was injured by it.

Utd did that on SWP one derby - four bookings before halftime.
They also memorably did it to Hazard in a cup match, to the point when Spineless Mike told captain Smalling the next one was getting booked - it just happened to be Herrera who'd already been booked! Mind you, to do something within 10 seconds of a clear warning about it is about as dumb as Phil Jones.

That won't be just Spurs mate. Sometimes its better to chop down a player quick because once he's away it could be dangerous. Some teams do this against Zaha and Mane (if he don't drop first) and used to with the likes of Hazard and Bale. Once they're in full flow you can be in big trouble.

If I were Kane I would have let Traore run to the by-line. Kane has never shyed away from defensive duties so I'm not too surprised he got his hands dirty, he should have led it slide though.

Booking was correct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.