Match of the Day - 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought their coverage of us was OK, but not great. Mentioned their penalty appeal and bit ours, and flashing up the 70% plus possession in our favour at the end seemed an odd choice given that they had shown so little of our control.

Then did that thing they did whereby they highlight bits of play during the analysis which were not covered at all in the commentary.

Still, nowhere near as bad as that deep voiced woman's coverage of our highlights which I've just seen on sky sports news. Again showed only their penalty appeal and said if was 'incredulous' that it wasn't given, and sounded complteley deflated each time we scored yet managed to raise her pitch notably when they scored. Not even handed at all.
Made me laugh at 'deep voiced woman' bit..who was she?

MOTD 2 tonight reached new lows. Ex rag Fletcher on there, yet another and defending the atrocious Pogba foul on Ali. He meant to do him no doubt and a red all day long. Then Jennas says because the Bournemouth player jumped up quickly it wasn't a penalty in the Everton game, when he was grabbed around the head and pulled back. They never even discussed the Richarlison elbow. Atrocious the pair of them.

Wherever it is, some will flow gently back to the cheats on the pitch
Talkshite just discussed the Calciopoli match fixing scandal. Anyone who's studies it may come to the conclusion it's occuring here on a larger scale. A club involved in that scandal instructed TV producers to edit highlights and ignore refereeing decisions to hide their guilt.

Back to the agenda thread!

Talkshite just discussed the Calciopoli match fixing scandal. Anyone who's studies it may come to the conclusion it's occuring here on a larger scale. A club involved in that scandal instructed TV producers to edit highlights and ignore refereeing decisions to hide their guilt.

Back to the agenda thread!
Evidence that match fixing occurs, ignored by those who didn’t want to believe it

Wouldn't it be nice to get a straight talking pundit on one of these TV shows.
Someone who doesn't open his trap immediately, and waits to see a replay.
Often, a centre forward pundit will open his mouth before engaging the brain saying, 'definite pen for me', leaving him no space to back track when the replay shows either an exaggerated fall or a dive.
Or an ex-defender pundit saying, when it's a clear foul, 'not enough in it for me'.
They expect the football watching public to swallow all that?
Its all bollox

MOTD 2 tonight reached new lows. Ex rag Fletcher on there, yet another and defending the atrocious Pogba foul on Ali. He meant to do him no doubt and a red all day long. Then Jennas says because the Bournemouth player jumped up quickly it wasn't a penalty in the Everton game, when he was grabbed around the head and pulled back. They never even discussed the Richarlison elbow. Atrocious the pair of them.
Absolutely agree with you, 'new lows' indeed. I've long thought that the so-called 'analysis' on MOTD/MOTD2 has been trite, clichéd, superficial.. you name it. But last night's edition was frankly appalling. As you say, Fletcher's attempt to push the Pogba challenge into the long grass was laughable to say the least. Typical of a pundit (and there are so many of them inhabiting the MOTD franchise) who allows his/her natural bias to colour opinion on events, instead of remaining objective and neutral.

I was still shaking my head when that airhead Jenas went and topped it with his assertion that what happened to the Bournemouth lad (Lerma, I think) was 'top trumped' by the subsequent reaction of the player actually getting up to play on.. hence, no penalty should've been awarded in the first place! You're wasted on MOTD, Jermaine lad.. 'cum hoc ergo propter hoc' and all that..there's a career in philosophical studies awaiting you at a major university.

The sooner the BBC ditches this load of garbage and the tedious baggage that goes with it (Lineker, Shearer et al) the better.

Murphy getting giddy tonight. Reminds me of Hansen in the run in of 13/14 when he said it's a matter of when not if they win the league.

his reasoning -the many lucky breaks/goalkeeping errors is spot on -this might even itself out but sure the power that be will want the end result they wanted in august

Murphy getting giddy tonight. Reminds me of Hansen in the run in of 13/14 when he said it's a matter of when not if they win the league.
Was going to post the same thing. It was music to my ears hearing him getting all giddy ( they just can’t help it can they ) Even if he is confident don’t blurt it out on MOTD after many false dawns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.