Match of the Day - 2020/21

Be a huge wankfest tonight .
I’d rather look at the ceiling for an hour!
don't blame you mate , just catching up on the big match revisited saints v city 1980 keegan return as you know 2 0 deafet on the special that day Howard yeats and all what a season happy days

Running order:

Opening - "Bantz"
Rags v Leeds - 25 mins.

"Bantz"

Norwich v Red Scouse - 20 mins

"Bantz"

Watford v Villa - 10 minutes

"Bantz"

Everyone else - 5 minutes back to back.

"Bantz"

Preview of Sundays games with a dig at City for being greedy cunts.

"Bantz"

Show league table. Make a remark about how good it is to see the rags at the top.

"Bantz"

End of show.
Hence why I will give it a swerve

Reactions: mat
The editor needs shooting.
More punditry than football. When they eventually show the highlights, the majority of that coverage is given away to at least 3 action replays of the same incidents.

Not for purpose
I tape it and fast forward the utter shite they talk. Who cares what they boring pundit cunts think? More football and less banal, cliched, drivel and i might watch the whole programne.

Had to laugh last night when they mentioned Grealish cost 100 million twice and we weren't even playing.

Running order:

Opening - "Bantz"
Rags v Leeds - 25 mins.

"Bantz"

Norwich v Red Scouse - 20 mins

"Bantz"

Watford v Villa - 10 minutes

"Bantz"

Everyone else - 5 minutes back to back.

"Bantz"

Preview of Sundays games with a dig at City for being greedy cunts.

"Bantz"

Show league table. Make a remark about how good it is to see the rags at the top.

"Bantz"

End of show.
They can only show 10 mins of highlights of each individual match.

Because it's been off our screens since the season ended I hadn't even thought about MotD. I shall probably do the usual and record it so that I can fast-forward the mates-down-the-pub banter and just watch the highlights.

I've felt for a long time that the programme is running on empty: it needs a fresh look about it, a new format.
To begin with I would suggest they get rid of Lineker and his mates - absolutely no reason to have them there in the first place. After the opening credits (and of course the theme music) there should just be a scrolling text informing us about the highlights that we are about to see: teams, formations, important statistics, etc, and then on to the game.
I fail to see what Shearer and the rest do to justify their wage packets. They sit there in a warm and cosy studio and talk about what we already know, they show replays of events that we've already seen, and then Billy-goat Lineker turns smugly to the cameras and delivers a toe-curlingly awful pun that is so bad, and so poorly executed, that you almost feel embarrassed for him - almost.

Rinse and repeat. The three words that sum up the BBC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.