Match of the Day - 2020/21

Armpit. Not handball according to the law
For me there is no conclusive proof in that picture that it didnt hit his arm.

Therefore it's the VAR version of umpire's call.

It didnt surprise me that this decision was talked about more than the other penalty decisions for other clubs that day as it would then mean them having to focus on actual cheating in the game.

Can't be a penalty when Cancelo had the ball and was clear and away.

Thought the Jota penalty shout was a farce because he was deliberately playing for contact, made no attempt to shoot.

Whereas TAA deliberately pushed Dele and made no attempt to play ball when DA was about to pull the trigger.

Alan Shearer doing an angry Roy Keane tribute act. Any chance Mr Albert Bartlett Potato Head can be persuaded to manage the Barcodes when they drop into league one?
This is the worst Newcastle team since the time Shearer managed them into a thoroughly hilarious relegation

After the last three games we are probably due a few games where we get nothing. Honestly, the penalty we got v Wolves, and the penalty we didn’t concede today were two shocking decisions. Mind boggling officiating, from both the on-field referee and the VAR. I can’t deny that just because we benefitted from them. So yeah, human nature means we probably suffer in the coming games on some key decisions. But these refs are too shit for us to not benefit from a crap decision again sooner rather than later. It won’t be season-long.
We need to make them irrelevant by taking our chances.

I find the absolute indignation all round whenever we get a slightly favourable decision is laughable and for me you really see the inherent bias that clearly exists in the main media outlets of this country.

All of a sudden the whole system stinks and it double stinks if one of the history clubs ends up on the wrong side of one on the same day. Heroes quickly become villains (Tierney) and pundits like big Al nearly spontaneously combust at the inept referees and start name checking Riley as part of the problem.

These same people never say a negative word if a iffy decision is given for the usual suspects (and there’s a lot) and they always seem to concentrate on the reasons why it was given. Though I have noticed not many of them say they even themselves out over the course of the season anymore as even they know that would be bullshit.

I suppose I just hate the many hypocritical pundits in this country who are obviously just playing to the crowd without really offering any real insight into the game other than their biased viewpoint towards certain teams.

Graeme Souness stands alone as man who can see past his personal favourite and offer a balanced view on things as he sees them. The rest (and Micah is included in this) are a f*cking sham.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.