Match of the Day - 2020/21

But surely taking someone out off the ball is still a foul? It doesn’t matter where the danger is, if you clean a man out, it’s a foul. If that’s not a foul (and penalty) then you can just have players take opponents out off the ball with no consequence. It’s a penalty, all day every day. It has to be.
I’m not disagreeing with your interpretation of the football law but look at it, Eddie was already on the deck when Cancelo took control of the ball, Wilson then collided with him but Eddie didn’t make an “obvious” play to take him out, he initially misjudged it but Joao had already taken control, no penalty for me and I’d say the same if it was against us.

But surely taking someone out off the ball is still a foul? It doesn’t matter where the danger is, if you clean a man out, it’s a foul. If that’s not a foul (and penalty) then you can just have players take opponents out off the ball with no consequence. Teams would use it as a tactic. Every time we attack, just kick all the players that don’t have the ball down to their knees.

It’s a penalty, all day every day. It has to be.

when Wilson collided with him.

Is the salient point.

But surely taking someone out off the ball is still a foul? It doesn’t matter where the danger is, if you clean a man out, it’s a foul. If that’s not a foul (and penalty) then you can just have players take opponents out off the ball with no consequence. Teams would use it as a tactic. Every time we attack, just kick all the players that don’t have the ball down to their knees.

It’s a penalty, all day every day. It has to be.
Todays incident is no different to players fouling in the penalty area during a corner - Its off the ball but isnt actually a decision WORTH a penalty. Thats why they binned that rule - Its pedantic.

And thats the same as today, if Eddie hadnt touched him was there a risk the newcastle player would score? Would he have gotten the ball even? How's about Sterling being held back in the penalty area whilst Jesus had a shot and missed? Is that a penalty too? Thats crazy.

Its about judgement. Not outrage

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.