Match of the Day - 2020/21

Bloody Shearer bleating about the standard of refereeing!! Only because a dippers player got sent off and we got away with a penalty. Not a word about the two ‘clear out’ fouls, on on Bernardo - only a throw in, Ona against KdB, a yellow card - why the difference for the same kind of fouls. We could go on forever but we won and dippers drew so they have to have a good dig against us. Fuming really.
It’s because they were high profile errors. Two penalties missed and a red card will make for louder discussion than a trip in midfield.

.. . . . . . . . . and even handed media coverage is dead in the water in this country. And it’s because the right teams are winning. Pathetic really.
Only in football do we get this bias. I don't hear it in rugby or cricket. The problem is stuffing the studio with ex-Rags 'n Dippers. I think we get an ex-Rag or an ex-Dipper rabbiting on about and during our games is that, despite beating someone 7-0 with some glorious football and worldly goals, they will always find a spot to stick in the knife, and twist it!

Only in football do we get this bias. I don't hear it in rugby or cricket. The problem is stuffing the studio with ex-Rags 'n Dippers. I think we get an ex-Rag or an ex-Dipper rabbiting on about and during our games is that, despite beating someone 7-0 with some glorious football and worldly goals, they will always find a spot to stick in the knife, and twist it!
I did mean to say ‘when the right teams aren’t winning’ but you obviously got that.

Christ when the ‘right teams’ are winning the pundits are all laughing and joking and there’s documentaries being made all over the show. It was like we’d killed someone with Shearer on MOTD. He had been hit with the double whammy that Newcastle are shite and have a real relegation scrap on their hands and the dippers had been done over for the first time this season (kind of).

Anyway, Alan (I think they are guilty) Shearer can f*ck off!

Given the ridiculous number of penalties awarded to Salah, Vardy, Saha, St Marcus MBE, VC , DSO etc . in the past 2 years, referees have been told to consider "who initiates contact" when assessing penalty situations. Thus the penalty count this season is down 40% .
Viewing Tottenham vs Liverpool last night on MoTD : the referee could have awarded 4 penalties -not to mention sending-offs ( usually for sly shoves in the back ) , none were given. Kane should have gone but overall the referee let the game flow and the good fortune for both teams seemed evenly matched. I believe that Liverpool's sending-off was their first in over 100 games ( Milner vs Man City anyone?) Anyway, the MoTD pundits had it in for the officials and you'd have to question "who in their right mind would ever be a referee? " ( Actually, for English Referees the rule is quite simple : always favour ManUre and the Dippers otherwise the Press pack will slaughter you.)
Not much controversy at St James' Park . Well, apart from the most outrageous "non-penalty" award of modern times. My take on it : A long aimless punt upfield by Newcastle / Ederson ( under no pressure ) comes out to smother the ball / leaves it to Cancelo to take possession and carry the ball to safety / Newcastle player belatedly enters the fray ( off the ball ) / targets the prostrate Ederson and runs into him / performs the triple somersault ( beloved of CR7 ) / throws his arms out demanding a penalty ( the only thing ever on his mind ). For me, the Newcastle player deliberately initiates contact and the whereabouts of the ball and who was in possession of it seems to be of no import to all the pundits.
And so to MoTD and Shearer's ridiculous "meltdown". I rather got the impression that his co-commentators rather enjoyed his absurd rant and were prepared to put "the matter to bed" by conveying the VAR people's cryptic take on the incident -"Cancelo had control of the ball ! " ( end of story )

A few of today's headlines :
( The Star -Man City News Now ) "Dominatrix who Man City star visited after 7-0 thrashing of Leeds" ( with a "spicy" picture of "Mistress Estee" in the City Shirt supposedly given to her by the City Player to whom she administered a thrashing/spanking -lucky boy)
(BBC Headlines )- "Disgusting decision not to give Newcastle a Penalty" " and "We were lucky -Guardiola unimpressed"
( and from Ireland) "Soulless City will win title but Liverpool have heart and minds of fans"

Bit rich from Shearer to say Kane should of been sent off as he pretty much did exactly the same challenge on Lennon and also wasn't sent off.

If I remember correctly weren't the F.A going to give him a retrospective ban but he kicked off threatening to step down as England captain

Just watched it. Hilarious from Shearer. Proper "toys out of the pram" stuff, and then to bring Fatty Moss back into the "debate", was the icing on the cake.
It reminds me of last season, when "we got away" with an offside goal (Rodri? v Villa?) , and the media fools cried so much that PIGMOL ended up changing the rules during a season.
I don't Remember ANY of the media being so passionate, when Milner committed THREE bookable offences against us in October, yet only got cautioned the once.

Bit rich from Shearer to say Kane should of been sent off as he pretty much did exactly the same challenge on Lennon and also wasn't sent off.

If I remember correctly weren't the F.A going to give him a retrospective ban but he kicked off threatening to step down as England captain

That’s probably why he didn't want to answer Chapman's question about England captains getting more lenient treatment.

He did indeed. I'd have given him the retrospective, he would have served the ban, departed from the England camp - and the BBC wouldn't have given him five seconds in the studio after he retired.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.