Motd someone finally tells it as it is

Blue Haze said:
MOTD needs some new blood. Gianluca Vialli is much more eloquent than Hansen, even speaking English.

That group are so boring I don't even watch anymore.

I've come to the conclusion that the best way to watch MotD and MotD2 is to switch channels completely and what summat else. I have got to the point where, having watched City whack in five v. Villa I would prefer to wait for the highlights on the OS. It is a programme that has gone well past it's 'Watch by 1992' date!

Recording it and fast-forwarding the anaylsis is what I have done for the last twenty years. I don't need them to tell me what happened. I just watched it.

The disturbing thing is that the chat is actually on as long as the football. ITV's Premiership used to be even worse. I could fast forward through it in 20 mnutes.

And another thing that pisses me off is the constant failure to show the final whistle. The emotion of the fans at the sound of the whistle is often a real highlight of the proceedings, especially them begging for the whistle if it's a real big game, or a 'David beating Goliath' kind of clash. It's a fundemental part of the occasion and I often wonder which clown edits the game. It's not unheard of for the better chances to be airbrushed out in some games too.

If you want to watch without knowing what happens too, forget it, because the shock or the exciting game is on first and the 0-0 is always last, no matter who the teams are.

Although the dubbed commentary, can be a bit embarrassing, I like the Bundesliga highlights format. It shows the games in order, with no indication of the likely scores and it's wall to wall football. 60 minutes solid of action with nothing in between.

DD said:
Recording it and fast-forwarding the anaylsis is what I have done for the last twenty years. I don't need them to tell me what happened. I just watched it.

The disturbing thing is that the chat is actually on as long as the football. ITV's Premiership used to be even worse. I could fast forward through it in 20 mnutes.

And another thing that pisses me off is the constant failure to show the final whistle. The emotion of the fans at the sound of the whistle is often a real highlight of the proceedings, especially them begging for the whistle if it's a real big game, or a 'David beating Goliath' kind of clash. It's a fundemental part of the occasion and I often wonder which clown edits the game. It's not unheard of for the better chances to be airbrushed out in some games too.

If you want to watch without knowing what happens too, forget it, because the shock or the exciting game is on first and the 0-0 is always last, no matter who the teams are.

Although the dubbed commentary, can be a bit embarrassing, I like the Bundesliga highlights format. It shows the games in order, with no indication of the likely scores and it's wall to wall football. 60 minutes solid of action with nothing in between.
John Motson's commentary on MOTD always seems dubbed to me.

The standard of analysts, summarisers and journalism for British football is absolutely dire.

There are (very few) exceptions of course but in comparison to say NFL, baseball or even cricket, football is very badly let down and we deserve much better from the BBC and others.

Dave S said:
DD said:

John Motson's commentary on MOTD always seems dubbed to me.
I can confirm, Motson's still alive.

Motd hasn't moved with the times. Same old format. It needs to understand the competition and give a bigger time slot to the program. Change pundits to more relevant people who will provide a more insightful and balanced view. Maybe even give you the option to watch extended highlights of your choice of game on the red button. Instead its the same old dragging out the same deadwood.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.