MOTD time

Pubteam Lomas said:
Stoned Rose said:
They could've filled a whole show with how brilliant silva was today but didn't show a single thing.

They could've showed how excellent Fernando was when he came on and changed the whole game.

They could've dwelled on kompanys excellent reading of the game and marshalling of the defence.

They could've discussed pellegrini's brilliant game management when villa had their 10 minute period and we were under the cosh in midfield.

They chose to show 5 or 6 bits of sloppiness you'd see in any game of football to 'prove' we 'didn't play well'.

It's not even funny anymore this now.

Shearer's analysis sums up British football to be honest.
They spend 5 mins telling us how hard Hurrenderson works and how much running he does, but totally ignore Silva's performance.
Could you imagine Spanish tv, saying "look how much he runs. Look how hard he works, he really is amazing."
Kids should be told that Silva is the player to model themselves on, not someone who just bloody runs a lot!
Couldn't agree more. Our pundits are picked because of who they and who they played for. They are mostly thick.

Pablo ZZZ Peroni said:
Meanwhile on the Sky Chelsea v Arsenal build-up Souness says " I thought City were fabulous yesterday"...
...and post match yesterday, Carragher was wanking over Silva. He said people go on about how good some players are, and that youngsters should watch them. Well, he actually said that Silva was that good, other professionals should watch him. High praise indeed.

not sure why people are getting so upset about Shearer's comments, it's quite clear he is not the brightest cookie when it comes to tactics and analysis...hence his abysmal short reign as Newcastle manager when he took them down a few years back, he quite clearly showed then he has no eye for match nuances

I understand it's selective quoting but Shearer did also say about City:-

"But the sign of a good team is that they can produce a piece of magic.
"It was a clever, cultured finish by Toure, and Sergio Aguero, who missed an absolute sitter earlier, finished brilliantly for his goal.

Not defending him in the slightest, he seems historically to have an anti City agenda, for some reason, which is strange.

Nobody can argue about his goalscoring record though, in fairly average teams, (One season with Blackburn excepted) he's been there and done it.

ColinBellsjockstrap said:

"It was a clever, cultured finish by Toure, and Sergio Aguero, who missed an absolute sitter earlier, finished brilliantly for his goal.

He didn't give us the credit some of our play deserved,however,neither is he exactly the big bad wolf he is being made out to be,i think some middle ground should be found.

We didn't dictate the game for 90 mins,we probably did so for,at best,half of that.

We had chances but,particularly in that frustratingly lethargic and uninspiring first half,we were also sloppy in possession and casual in our approach,on occasion Villa had us on the back foot and a more lethal marksman may have punished us.

The boss must have delivered a rocket at HT,that combined with the introduction of an improved midfield,was what won us the game,and in the last 20 mins we were superb and a joy to watch,which has understandably maybe clouded the judgement of some.

FantasyIreland said:

He didn't give us the credit some of our play deserved,however,neither is he exactly the big bad wolf he is being made out to be,i think some middle ground should be found.

We didn't dictate the game for 90 mins,we probably did so for,at best,half of that.

We had chances but,particularly in that frustratingly lethargic and uninspiring first half,we were also sloppy in possession and casual in our approach,on occasion Villa had us on the back foot and a more lethal marksman may have punished us.

The boss must have delivered a rocket at HT,that combined with the introduction of an improved midfield,was what won us the game,and in the last 20 mins we were superb and a joy to watch,which has understandably maybe clouded the judgement of some.

Away from home ...70% possession , 27 attempts , 900 passes , 90% passing accuracy ??????

Blueknows said:
FantasyIreland said:

Away from home ...70% possession , 27 attempts , 900 passes , 90% passing accuracy ??????
you're right, we're shite

FantasyIreland said:

WTF?

We dominated the game from start to finish. We put in our best performance for months. Villa could not get near us. We created about 25 chances, and had our strikers been firing, we would have won about 17-0. You must have been watching a different game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.