MOTD

Status
Not open for further replies.
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
geoffchall said:
Part of the problem was that our game wasn't that exciting from a neutral point of view. First half we were much better than they were and the game lacked any drama. Even when they pulled one back I never really had an "oh no here we go again feeling". Just comfortable superiority doesn't make for much of a thrill other than drooling over the quality and to be fair, they'd already covered Arsenal doing the same thing that we were doing. I'm very glad we aren't playing them until December - time to go off the boil a bit hopefully. Beyond Fat Sam's fair analysis (who'd have thought..?) there wasn't a lot more to say.

Why would anyone want this. Surely you would want us to beat an Arsenal side at the top of their game, so
we can prove to one and all, that we are the best side in the league.

Because I want us to beat Arsenal and the odds of doing so are less good if we play them when they're on a purple streak. There's a lot of relevance to playing a team at the Right Time. Thus we played Newcastle at the perfect time in August when they were still on the beach and squabbling about Cabaye. But we played Cardiff when they were contesting their first home game of the season and would have walked through walls for their team. So I'd rather beat Arsenal scrappily 1-0 because they were misfiring than lose because they're at their peak.

The problem with the likes of shearer and Hansen is they are old school, they've never moved with the times. They see football as a fast attacking wing play, defenders that like to crunch tackle and forwards that are fast and strong. To some extent I can understand Shearer, but Hansen should know better.

Sadly it's pundits like them that have kept the developement of the game in the UK to an embarrassment when it comes to the international scene, we've slipped majorly behind as others have gone from strength to strength.

Dinosaur's in a modern world.

Can you imagine how much fun Hansen would have had if City had lost the game?

People call us paranoid, but we're right though and that some pundits do have a general interest and hate to try and show us up.

I'm use to it now, but they never fail to let me down each week. You just know it's coming, at least Shearer got some words in and said some good things in our incredible 30 seconds of expert analysis.

In the distant past, we would watch longer edits of highlights and forego bland post-match interviews and asanine analysis. Would that the BBC returned to those days.

geoffchall said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
geoffchall said:
Part of the problem was that our game wasn't that exciting from a neutral point of view. First half we were much better than they were and the game lacked any drama. Even when they pulled one back I never really had an "oh no here we go again feeling". Just comfortable superiority doesn't make for much of a thrill other than drooling over the quality and to be fair, they'd already covered Arsenal doing the same thing that we were doing. I'm very glad we aren't playing them until December - time to go off the boil a bit hopefully. Beyond Fat Sam's fair analysis (who'd have thought..?) there wasn't a lot more to say.

Why would anyone want this. Surely you would want us to beat an Arsenal side at the top of their game, so
we can prove to one and all, that we are the best side in the league.

Because I want us to beat Arsenal and the odds of doing so are less good if we play them when they're on a purple streak. There's a lot of relevance to playing a team at the Right Time. Thus we played Newcastle at the perfect time in August when they were still on the beach and squabbling about Cabaye. But we played Cardiff when they were contesting their first home game of the season and would have walked through walls for their team. So I'd rather beat Arsenal scrappily 1-0 because they were misfiring than lose because they're at their peak.

Not if you think we are better. Which I do.

Silvasleftfoot said:
If Saturday night wasn't enough with the short version of City and W Ham with hardly a decent word from any so called pro's I was watching mot2 on Sun afto when I realised they were leaving us to the last as norm and then the bloody sound went off typical of bbc why are they so biased against us. About time they got some decent football unbiased pundits on that so called sports prog:

I must admit I laughed when the sound went off right in the middle of one of them praising us, I think it was Guy Mowbray? And then they just cut the programme off altogether.

there were headlines in every paper last year stating how we were making a shambolic attempt at keeping our title.

hows it going for united and wouldnt the media be making more of the dreadful start if it was us sat there on 11 points

George Hannah said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Silvasleftfoot said:
If Saturday night wasn't enough with the short version of City and W Ham with hardly a decent word from any so called pro's I was watching mot2 on Sun afto when I realised they were leaving us to the last as norm and then the bloody sound went off typical of bbc why are they so biased against us. About time they got some decent football unbiased pundits on that so called sports prog:

So someone at the bbc decided that, as we'd won, they'd cut the sound off during the broadcast on purpose?

I've just watched MOTD for the second time, and this time I paid attention to the pundits, and they absolutely gushed about how well we played.
Hansen's silent gush lol

Yeah, when they were doing the rehearsals the producer obviously said 'then you say something about city, Alan', but when it came to the actual recording he just kept his mouth shut because he hates city so much that he couldn't bring himself to make an utterance.

That's how it works in tv studios. Really.

Eccles Blue said:
Silvasleftfoot said:

I must admit I laughed when the sound went off right in the middle of one of them praising us, I think it was Guy Mowbray? And then they just cut the programme off altogether.

Probably Hansen, booted the microphone cable out on purpose because city were being praised. Or the producer. It was his only option to get at us because Guy Mobray went 'off message' and said we played well,

That's how it works in tv studios. Ask George Hannah.

George Hannah said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Silvasleftfoot said:

So someone at the bbc decided that, as we'd won, they'd cut the sound off during the broadcast on purpose?

I've just watched MOTD for the second time, and this time I paid attention to the pundits, and they absolutely gushed about how well we played.
Hansen's silent gush lol

This Hahaha.. Old gizzard neck Capt Scarlet looked like a bulldog chewing a wasp !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.