Mother Teaches Her Child A Woke Version Of The Alphabet.

When i was a kid the word queer meant something strange , nothing to do with gay people
You are younger than me then, my whole point, as queers are what gays were insultingly called in my youth, and if you are honest, how many people use the word queer ahead of weird or strange.

I was taught to read using some of the "gay way" book series, an innocent childs book, gay meant happy/jolly then. Later it meant homosexual as you are aware, but now the younger generation use it to mean rubbish/bad, as in "thats gay" also a possible insult to gays.

The fact that you picked me up on my experience of the word queer just goes to show the differences between one generation and another.

Edit, wasnt there a tv show called "queer eye for the straight guy", where straight guys were dressed etc by gay(queer) guys?

Last edited:
Should have got him this one...
Or these...

ScarBooks01-www-scarfolk-blogspot-com.jpg

spy03-www-scarfolk-blogspot-com.jpg

spy04-www-scarfolk-blogspot-com.jpg

therapture.jpg

Last edited:
You are younger than me then, my whole point, as queers are what gays were insultingly called in my youth, and if you are honest, how many people use queer ahead of wierd or strange.

I was taught to read using some of the "gay way" book series, an innocent childs book, gay meant happy/jolly then. Later it meant homosexual as you are aware, but now the younger generation use it to mean rubbish/bad, as in "thats gay" also a possible insult to gays.

The fact that you picked me up on my experience of the word queer just goes to show the differences between one generation and another.

Edit, wasnt there a tv show called "queer eye for the straight guy", where straight guys were dressed etc by gay(queer) guys?
Sorry i wasnt picking you up on anything if it seemed like that

My mum used to say that is queer if something was left off the shopping list , that type of thing , i hate the way words have been used to put people down and have strayed from the way they were intended

Even these days it hangs on

Did you watch its a sin on tv recently ? it was a great illustration of how things were in the eighties , i shudder when i watch thinking how gay people were treated

Sorry i wasnt picking you up on anything if it seemed like that

My mum used to say that is queer if something was left off the shopping list , that type of thing , i hate the way words have been used to put people down and have strayed from the way they were intended

Even these days it hangs on

Did you watch its a sin on tv recently ? it was a great illustration of how things were in the eighties , i shudder when i watch thinking how gay people were treated
I have no problem with your post :), and tbf that is a good example of a use for the word queer, but its meaning also highlights why it was an insult to gays back in the seventies as people who were strange or not normal.

The sad truth is that words are a universally available weapon to hurt, even causing illness through stress or suicidal feelings, its shocking how casual people are over it. One of the reasons I dont do social media, I havnt ever sent a text message either although people still insist on sending me them!!!

I didnt see that programme, but was around in the seventies and being gay was proper taboo back then, and along with racism "anti gay" wasnt dealt with properly.

Even back then though, it was the individual who chose to offend, the majority of people were good hearted, tolerant and understanding and we shouldnt forget that.

I have no problem with your post :), and tbf that is a good example of a use for the word queer, but its meaning also highlights why it was an insult to gays back in the seventies as people who were strange or not normal.

The sad truth is that words are a universally available weapon to hurt, even causing illness through stress or suicidal feelings, its shocking how casual people are over it. One of the reasons I dont do social media, I havnt ever sent a text message either although people still insist on sending me them!!!

I didnt see that programme, but was around in the seventies and being gay was proper taboo back then, and along with racism "anti gay" wasnt dealt with properly.

Even back then though, it was the individual who chose to offend, the majority of people were good hearted, tolerant and understanding and we shouldnt forget that.
Wait a minute , you have never sent a text ?? How do you get through life , mind you i only got an iphone and a smart telly a couple of years ago , i was very much a techophobe but all my old basic devices just wore out lol

Its a sin was about aids and how it affected what was a very reckless gay sex life , it is very touching and is a really good attention to detail for the eighties

When i was a kid the word queer meant something strange , nothing to do with gay people
When I started working in a travel agency back in the 60's, There was a holiday company called Gay Tours. Gay was used in it's original "Happy Holiday" definition and no one had any other interpretation. As the term gave rise to an alternative meaning, it became Sky Tours.

You are younger than me then, my whole point, as queers are what gays were insultingly called in my youth, and if you are honest, how many people use the word queer ahead of weird or strange.

Queer as folk

When I started working in a travel agency back in the 60's, There was a holiday company called Gay Tours. Gay was used in it's original "Happy Holiday" definition and no one had any other interpretation. As the term gave rise to an alternative meaning, it became Sky Tours.
Shame wasnt it that words evolved in a derogary (sp) way

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.