Motorbikes

Had a Yamaha YZ80 as a kid but it got robbed. Saved up and bought another YZ80, that got robbed also. Great bike at the time apart from the colours.

Currently have a Royal Enfield Classic Chrome.

As far as I can remember from 1967:-

Old 200cc Tiger cub field bike....I was 13....(Farmer in Stalyvegas kindly let me keep it in his barn)

Old Triumph 350cc 3TA field bike....(Paid £12 for that at 14...pushed 8 miles home on the pavement from Manchester centre assisted by two mugs ( err,mates)..
biggrin.gif

1969 Honda CD90Z (Sports)....did 15,000 miles on that in 12 months before the cam chain snapped at 60mph....
hehe.gif

1969 Triumph 650cc Trophy USA export (with upswept pipes)

Sachs trail bike 185cc

Suzuki SP370

Suzuki SP400

Honda CX500 (Euro)....£1200 new

Suzuki GS850 shaft (Went to TT on it in 1986)

Kawasaki 185 trail

Beta Alp 200 trail

Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster

Harley Davidson 1340cc Road King

Kawasaki GPZ900R

Triumph 750 Bonneville UK

Triumph 750 Trophy (Hinckley)

Triumph 900cc Thunderbird Sport

Triumph 955i Daytona

Triumph 900cc Scrambler

Suzuki Bandit 1200cc

Current bike Chrome 500cc Royal Enfield bullet.

Most bikes were new, but some were two or three years old.

Never had a Yamaha....don't know why.....
scratchchin.gif

Now thinking about a new Bonneville T120.

Or an italian? But a great list of bikes nonetheless

Fastest I ever had was a GSXR 1000 K7... £3000 of extras including fat-bars etc. which made her too easy to ride fast... 100MPH in 1st gear so an absolute licence loser

I've had lots of bikes mostly BMWs which are my favourite. Had three different R1100S Boxer Cup Replicas, all three of which were keepers.... but weren't kept :-)

I am down to 2 at present, trying to sell one as I have no garage so one is safe at a fellow Blue's house in his garage locally, the other is under wraps in my garden till my new timber framed man cave is built.. guess which is for sale

One cost the previous owner £12k plus to build

The other cost the owner around £4k to build

Honda 1979 CB650Z but totally transformed

CB650.8_zpscfv2y7si.jpg

BMW 1984 K100 Flying Brick - Scrambler Style

image1_zpsorfubspv.jpg
That honda looks fantastic.

Here are a few of my old steeds.... most of them keepers

It's the CB650 for sale BTW if there is anybody out there looking.... a stellar bike and a total one off,... cost the last owner over £12,000 to build her.... PM me if you want more info

Can't see any pictures of the GSXR I had sadly..... Now found them:

GSXR 1000 K7, Shit loads of extras, piece of piss to ride fast and an absolute fucking missile:

Gixxer%20031_zpsjkimjsjj.jpg

BMW R1200C Avantgarde. another Marmite bike but again I loved it and for a 2000 X plate she was absolutely mint!! Toured the Scottish Highlands in 2016 with the R1200C owners club (Chromeheads) in May and it was like bloody midwinter but still awesome..... Sold her when we moved to Hawarden around 8 months ago for £5k to a "private buyer" who turned out to be a trader... he sold her for £6500 within days.... Cnut:

DSCF1066_zps5uvfeysd.jpg

R1100S Boxer Cup Replica, Full Ohlins, Mega rare Yokes, PFM Brakes and cast discs, Laser Exhaust, Sounded like a Spitfire...crazy decision to sell this animal

BCR025.jpg

Honda%201_zpsijwo78tc.jpg

BMW%20R80-1_zpsplrnemtw.jpg

Rare as hens teeth an 850Gs that was totally mint.... new owner wrote her off (Fitted with a Baglux Tank Cover, brilliant bit of kit)
850GS_zpsgoahcgga.jpg

"Flash" a BMW R80 conversion from the now infamous Kev Hill (Kevil's Speed Shop in Paignton) they sell for circa £15k now, this was built in his garage and one of his first efforts

A pile of shite if honest considering it was one of Kev's bikes but I nearly doubled my money on it:

Kevills%20R80_7_zps2qwwwbfc.jpg
Some nice bikes there too, never had a bmw. But a mate has had several baby GSs raves about them.

first bike was an early fizzy actually had ss on the side panels
TTU64M in candy gold £139 from queens park motors in 76
from there it was a Suzuki gt250 the ram air model
then rd250e Yamaha
then saved up to buy a new 350lc
got it stevens tuned with original microns, what a fucking bike that was
traded that in for the first power valve then had a succession of elsies and power valves
last rode in 1990
seeing the prices of restored fizzies and lc 350s I wish id kept em all
getting back on the road soon but cant decide between a lc350 as an investment
or a street triple, may end up with both

Last edited:
Some nice bikes there too, never had a bmw. But a mate has had several baby GSs raves about them.
I can't see past BMWs to be fair as I've had a load of them.... no chain to lube, kick the tyres and occasionally check the oil and you are off.. People think they are cumbersome and the Boxer engines too wide and heavy, when stopped they are a little bit of a dead weight but on the run, they are awesome, they will keep up with most bikes on the curves

The GS has to be the one to beat.. the later water cooled versions are immense.... fast, comfortable, look great and no lube as mentioned.. Sadly my pathway at present is too narrow for one but the Flying Brick is right up there for me so it will do for now

First was a Honda CBF125 (Not my choice, I wanted the Shadow). Hated it, moved on to a Yamaha Dragstar which I still have.

Saving up for either a Honda Rebel or if I win the lottery a Harley Sportster.

I can't see past BMWs to be fair as I've had a load of them.... no chain to lube, kick the tyres and occasionally check the oil and you are off.. People think they are cumbersome and the Boxer engines too wide and heavy, when stopped they are a little bit of a dead weight but on the run, they are awesome, they will keep up with most bikes on the curves

The GS has to be the one to beat.. the later water cooled versions are immense.... fast, comfortable, look great and no lube as mentioned.. Sadly my pathway at present is too narrow for one but the Flying Brick is right up there for me so it will do for now

Just sold my Guzzi 1100 Cali yeaterday. Still have a hinkley Triumph first generation Speed triple 900 in black but it has high pegs and low bars so not comfy like new speed triples, but it looks and sounds fantastic. My day bike is a Triumph 1200 Explorer. Love it to bits. I did look at a GS but it just didnt grab me and was about £2.5k more. After another bike now as i have a space to fill in the garage but havent told the wife yet. In the past i have had an old 400/4. A kwaka zepher 750 and best of all a 1990 GSXR1100 which i had for about 10 years. Stupidly sold it for a song. What a bike it was. Im just getting too long in the tooth for sports bikes these days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.