Motorbikes

First was a Honda CBF125 (Not my choice, I wanted the Shadow). Hated it, moved on to a Yamaha Dragstar which I still have.

Saving up for either a Honda Rebel or if I win the lottery a Harley Sportster.
Rode a dragstar in the states and also a couple of harleys. Preferred the drag star if im honest.

I was talking to a bloke outside a garden centre whilst waiting for Mrs M. He had a big motorbike and I was checking it out having had a couple of 125's.

He told me it was a 1800cc beast. Question for you bikers. Why would you want an 1800cc bike? Surely 800 to 1000cc is all the power you would ever need. That's without taking into consideration petrol and insurance costs.

He told me it was a 1800cc beast. Question for you bikers. Why would you want an 1800cc bike? Surely 800 to 1000cc is all the power you would ever need. That's without taking into consideration petrol and insurance costs.
IMO your absolutely right Mozzer, my last bike was 1000cc and I've had a few 750's 650's, I've always thought over 1000cc was crazy as mine had all the power you would ever need..

BUT..

Those Gold Wings are more like a 2 wheeled car with a dashboard, aimed at long distance cruising, they weigh a ton, so maybe. Made principally for the American market who like massive engines in everything. (Harley tractors)

My last one..

IMG_0070.JPG

I was talking to a bloke outside a garden centre whilst waiting for Mrs M. He had a big motorbike and I was checking it out having had a couple of 125's.

Your missing the point regarding size of the engine and power output. There are plenty of 600cc machines out there that produce more power than 1100cc machines.

I ride a Kawasaki Ninja 1000 SX. 140 BHP, and yes, it can be ridiculously fast, it has a 0 to 60 time of 2.9 seconds if you get it right, but that's not the point.

It has so much stomp at real world speeds, it's a relaxing bike to ride. You just leave it in top gear and when there is a gap in the traffic when you are following a lorry or a car towing a caravan which you want to overtake, a small tweak of the throttle has you surging past in no time, and on you go.

Big bikes are effortless to ride. You just twist and go, and I'm not talking about getting up to stupid speeds. They have the get up and go to pass slow traffic with minimal effort.

Last edited:
IMO your absolutely right Mozzer, my last bike was 1000cc and I've had a few 750's 650's, I've always thought over 1000cc was crazy as mine had all the power you would ever need..

BUT..

Those Gold Wings are more like a 2 wheeled car with a dashboard, aimed at long distance cruising, they weigh a ton, so maybe. Made principally for the American market who like massive engines in everything. (Harley tractors)

My last one..

View attachment 82431
I knew a young lady who had a Laverda Jota (1300cc iirc).
She dropped it negotiating the Spread Eagle roundabout in Ashton, (where lidl is now).
After all the bikers in the beer garden had stopped laughing, 2 or 3 went and helped her to pick it up as she couldn't manage to do it by herself!

I knew a young lady who had a Laverda Jota (1300cc iirc).
She dropped it negotiating the Spread Eagle roundabout in Ashton, (where lidl is now).
After all the bikers in the beer garden had stopped laughing, 2 or 3 went and helped her to pick it up as she couldn't manage to do it by herself!
I remember going to a Rally in Holland with a bunch of mates from an MCC in Lowestoft, some new guy shows up with one of those 6 cyl Kawasaki 1300's. We found ourselves on the wrong road and pulled a U turn, tiny **** on huge bike drops it in middle of road and couldn't lift it back. I left them in disgust and never talked with the **** all weekend

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.