Motorhome rental..

Dumfries and Galloway is also worth exploring.

Cornwall is too, but Cornish roads are packed in summer with 20mph coffin dodgers, oblivious to a 2 mile tail back they cause. Gently ambling along with with an unspilt cup of Earl Grey on dashboard, ever so Miss Daisy like.

Not over familiar with the area but definitely on the list !
Well worth it, especially if you enjoy walking fishing and photography. Plus seeing wildlife like a close up Stag eyeballing with flared nostrils, or observing birds of prey is pretty special. Watching an Osprey on the wing before returning to it's nest was a memory I'll cherish till i pop my clogs.

We did the North Coast 500 around the Highlands in a 28yr old VW T25 camper a couple of years back. We went spring to avoid the midges and got really lucky with the weather. West coast is pretty stunning while the east side has amazing beaches. Highlight for us was driving the Pass of the Cattle to Applecross campsite.

It is, but tell him to get north to Donegal to be completely stunned.

OP we’ve rented a couple of times from South West Campers and August is about £750 a week for VW T6 which can sleep 2 adults and two kids in the pop up roof. It’s a bit more for a coach built. Rent an awning and set it up with table and chairs to eat / play games. We park up and walk everywhere or bus it if we’re knackered or half cut. With the weather we’ve had this year, you’ll do well to beat this type of holiday.

They live in Northern Ireland so figure they can do Donegal, the causeway coast etc in weekends away, so are using their longer break to head further south along the coast.
In France there are very many Aires de Service that are either free or a minimal cost, something that is now catching on in many areas in Ireland (north and south) as more people are recognising the economic benefits of the booming Moho tourists.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.