Motorway

Two Gun Bob

Anyone tried them? https://Motorway.co.uk/

We were not in the market to sell but remained somewhat inquisitive after a mailshot. Entered our cars details into Evan Halshaw and Webuyanycar.com sites for a guideline then entered our details to the Motorway portal and like WTF

They estimated the price at £2,500 higher and set the reserve price for their auction. The car at close of business achieved £3,100 more than it's competitors and achieved £600 higher than it's reserve price. The vehicle has produced a £2,400 wage from it's original purchase price from a franchised outfit six months ago, this is beyond the realms of insanity.

The current car market is off it's tits and the bubble must surely burst, so if you are looking to sell a car for a good price then why not give them a try as the process is free with no obligation to sell. The daily auctions run from 10-3 every day and the pressure to buy amongst their 3,000 dealerships is akin to a piranial feeding frenzy.

The car's going to a main dealers in the morning with the whole process taking just three days. Three thousand potential purchasers are a far better option than a few crumbs from Schofields boys.

2 gun, are you saying a main dealer bought it through the auction ?

if so then that is good news as what would worry me is a fly boy buying it and me losing money. I wasnt ready to flog yet but I think I will have a look.

2 gun, are you saying a main dealer bought it through the auction ?

if so then that is good news as what would worry me is a fly boy buying it and me losing money. I wasnt ready to flog yet but I think I will have a look.
They cover all the main dealers in the country and all are vetted. Have a read of the site for it's full auntie.

The process starts with your estimated valuation. Then you take your pictures and upload them to their portal answering the questionas to history condition etc.

The photographs have to be to a set standard and they are fairly critical of you following their guidlines. After they are happy they enter it into the next available auction.

At close of auction we were emailed with the sales result and the winning dealership contacted us to discuss collection. They will collect in the morning and then pay us by immediate bank transfer before the driver leaves.

The vehicle has to be described accuratly by underwiting the metal. If you misrepresent then obviously a dealer could adjust the price to reflect condition or simply cock and walk away. Only the same as Schofields and Evans Halshaw.

Only selling as a wage is a wage and everything's for sale at the right price. We have acheived a six month free rental coupled with a 2.37k wage. Insanity ..total insanity.

Last edited:
They cover all the main dealers in the country and all are vetted. Have a read of the site for it's full auntie.

The process starts with your estimated valuation. Then you take your pictures and upload them to their portal answering the questionas to history condition etc.

The photographs have to be to a set standard and they are fairly critical of you following their guidlines. After they are happy they enter it into the next available auction.

At close of auction we were emailed with the sales result and the winning dealership contacted us to discuss collection. They will collect in the morning and then pay us by immediate bank transfer before the driver leaves.

The vehicle has to be described accuratly or as they say in trade talk underwiting the metal.
If you misrepresent the vehicle then obviously a dealer could adjust the price to reflect condition or simply cock and walk away. Only the same as Schofields boys and Evans Halshaw do.

Only selling as a wage is a wage is a wage and everything's for sale at the right price. We have acheived a free six month rental coupled with a 2.5k wage. Insanity ..total insanity!
Ta 2 Gun. Will give it a once over.

Ta 2 Gun. Will give it a once over.
All completed with a reasuringly proffesional handover and funds transfered to account before leaving.

A very good outfit are Motorway taking only three days from initial contact to completion. No fees whatoever to use their service and no charge for the bacs transfer or collection. Hoozah!

The vehicle has to be described accuratly by underwiting the metal. If you misrepresent then obviously a dealer could adjust the price to reflect condition or simply cock and walk away. Only the same as Schofields and Evans Halshaw.

Only selling as a wage is a wage and everything's for sale at the right price. We have acheived a six month free rental coupled with a 2.37k wage. Insanity ..total insanity.

I tried my car but it doesn’t ask you about all the extras on it for the initial price - was decent enough but still about £8k below what I’d need to pay to replace it with an equivalent specification. Do you add them as part of a description before the auction begins and can you set the reserve price?

I tried my car but it doesn’t ask you about all the extras on it for the initial price - was decent enough but still about £8k below what I’d need to pay to replace it with an equivalent specification. Do you add them as part of a description before the auction begins and can you set the reserve price?
They can be added when you speak to your advisor pre sale who can adjust the original estimate by taking them into consideration. The reserve price is based around the initial estimate and can be tickled to suit. I don't believe you can personally set the reserve as it's set based on previous Motorway selling criteria of similar vehicles that have gone through their auction portal.

By approaching the whole of market the final sales figure should theoretically out perform all of the individual resellers and I cannot speak highly of the way they have conducted their business. A good proportion of vehicles make more money than the reserve as confirmed on Trustpilot.

It's also a handy mechanism for the trade as they get to source premium vehicles direct from the general public without having to leave their armchairs.

For the dealership and traders

They can be added when you speak to your advisor pre sale who can adjust the original estimate by taking them into consideration. The reserve price is based around the initial estimate and can be tickled to suit. I don't believe you can personally set the reserve as it's set based on previous Motorway selling criteria of similar vehicles that have gone through their auction portal.

By approaching the whole of market the final sales figure should theoretically out perform all of the individual resellers and I cannot speak highly of the way they have conducted their business. A good proportion of vehicles make more money than the reserve as confirmed on Trustpilot.

It's also a handy mechanism for the trade as they get to source premium vehicles direct from the general public without having to leave their armchairs.

For the dealership and traders

going to look at this lot tomorrow mate. Looks very good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.