Mourinho and Falcao at City???

tiggsywiggsywoo said:
Mourinho will never ever manage City. Hes off to Chelsea done deal, thank god.

don't get the "thank god" bit - Chelsea with him in charge will be in with a very strong chance of the title next season I am afraid<br /><br />-- Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:46 pm --<br /><br />
I'm no cynic said:
Whoever succeeds Mancini will only be a yes-man to the Barca men above him. That alone rules out any manager with his own idea of how to run a club.

I worry about this, and I hope that the fact that most people in here seem to think the barce men are gods turns out to be true

Calling the next manager a "yes-man" is ridiculous. You do realise don't you that Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax, Juventus, Atletico Madrid, and many other clubs have a Director of Football? Does that make Tito (Pep before), Mourinho, Heynckes, Klopp, De Boer, Conte, and Simeone all "yes-men"? Oh, and Chelsea have one too but he's a very unpopular one (Michael Emenalo) who Mourinho would probably ask to be ousted in return for going back to Chelsea. This model hasn't really worked in England but only because our illustrious Director of Footballs before have been Damien Comolli, Frank Arnesen, Ron Atkinson, Avram Grant, and David Pleat.

I just realized.. Since morinho can be such an ***hole, his words "I love chelsea, I'll totally return there" can be just a dig at roman/chelsea, especially if he has asked him to return there, lol.

On the second thought all this whole returning to england thing can be a complete bollocks.. Is there any germany club in needs of manager nowadays?

I couldn't have Mourinho at City now, after the way he's been brown nosing Ferguson and United. That old pals act between those two makes me wretch.

He also wants to be centre of attention and brings too much controversy with him. He'd want to leave after three years and none of that fits in with the way City are run these days.

Falcao though.......yes please. And Cavani.

LoveCity said:
Calling the next manager a "yes-man" is ridiculous. You do realise don't you that Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax, Juventus, Atletico Madrid, and many other clubs have a Director of Football? Does that make Tito (Pep before), Mourinho, Heynckes, Klopp, De Boer, Conte, and Simeone all "yes-men"? Oh, and Chelsea have one too but he's a very unpopular one (Michael Emenalo) who Mourinho would probably ask to be ousted in return for going back to Chelsea. This model hasn't really worked in England but only because our illustrious Director of Footballs before have been Damien Comolli, Frank Arnesen, Ron Atkinson, Avram Grant, and David Pleat.

Like you say, the concept of having a Technical Director has never worked in this country. Don't ask me why because I wouldn't know, but the fact remains that any manager will be subservient to Txiki, and that manager's job will merely be to coach the squad he has been handed from above, maybe without any input in who the club hierarchy should choose to sign. If our manager and our Barca connections are of similar mind and can work comfortably together, then it COULD work, but could you really expect strong minded personalities such as Mourinho to want to work to someone else's agenda rather than his own?

I'm no cynic said:
LoveCity said:

Like you say, the concept of having a Technical Director has never worked in this country. Don't ask me why because I wouldn't know, but the fact remains that any manager will be subservient to Txiki, and that manager's job will merely be to coach the squad he has been handed from above, maybe without any input in who the club hierarchy should choose to sign. If our manager and our Barca connections are of similar mind and can work comfortably together, then it COULD work, but could you really expect strong minded personalities such as Mourinho to want to work to someone else's agenda rather than his own?

Which is exactly why Mourinho probably won't be coming here (although it is said he has a personal friendship with Txiki and has stayed at his house) but the majority of managers can work with this model. The likes of Klopp, Pellegrini, Heynckes, Guardiola, Conte, Simeone can all work under the "restrictions" of a Director of Football model, a model that is very effective and healthy with the right personnel (not David Pleat). We have men in charge now familiar with this model and there's no reason it can't be successful as long as we have a coach who isn't power hungry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.