Mourinho and Madrid

MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:
I know he's a **** but there's no reason to hate him, he's right about 90% of things he says. As for the people say they wouldn't have him at City, stop lying, course you would, he's the best manager on earth.

Its not about being right, anyone can be right. He just comes across as a classless dickhead most of the times with his actions.

What does everyone think the result would have been if the managers were in the opposite dugouts?

Purely hypothetical of course ;-)

John.des said:
"With the players City have, it's incredible they haven't qualified two years in a row," Mourinho told reporters.

"If I had been knocked out of the Champions League in the groups, I wouldn't have been able to go back to Madrid."

Wonder what Mansour thinks when he reads it tomorrow... or Mancini or the City players when they hear the world's best coach talking like this.

the one thing he is forgetting :-

Real 8
Dortmund 9
Ajax 11

off the lead nearly a third way in to their respective league campaigns.
We are trying to compete on all levels Mr Mourinho , look after your own business......

I do rate Mourinho and i find his antics quite funny :)

But what he said about city post match. Is just utterly classless. Seriously the game is finished show some respect.

About Mancini, i dont care if hes rated as an average manager or even worthless. Hes still our manager, and he has won us trophys and build an awesome squad for us. Football for me is not all about winning its about the connection the bound you get to the club and the supporters. Mancini is part of that familiy and im willing to let go of first place once or twice to keep it that way

Not all foreign teams are cheats. Dortmund play with honesty and integrity. Athletico Bilbao, who dismantled United, are a joy to watch. I would also suggest that Athletico Madrid, while not perfect, cheat a lot less than Real. Mourinho is clearly a great manager, but like Baconface, there will always be a whiff of dishonesty about his success. I am pleased that most City players try to stay on their feet, do not feign injury, do not intimidate referees. I know we are not perfect. Mario has had his moments but on most occasions when he has fallen over..his City teammates have berated him. I honestly believe that Mancini tries to play football the right way. Mourinho has brought success to Madrid...but he has made the team more hated than ever. It is not true that you have to be hated to achieve success.

Ryinho said:
Just coming back from the game now, and im still in disbelief and how many times they were diving and just their general time wasting you just don't expect from a world class team which they showed in the first half. Don't think the ref helped as he just let them have foul after foul.

Mourinho is a cock don't want him anywhere near this club if Mancini was to go, and glad the fans let him know it

Spot on mate, did you see the twat when the ref added 5 mins??? Can't stand the bloke, his tactics are cry on the floor if we are winning

zeven said:
I do rate Mourinho and i find his antics quite funny :)

But what he said about city post match. Is just utterly classless. Seriously the game is finished show some respect.

About Mancini, i dont care if hes rated as an average manager or even worthless. Hes still our manager, and he has won us trophys and build an awesome squad for us. Football for me is not all about winning its about the connection the bound you get to the club and the supporters. Mancini is part of that familiy and im willing to let go of first place once or twice to keep it that way

Zeven, Zeven, if I were 50 years younger I would marry you!!!! (Don't fret, I'm a very good cook!!) That is one of the most sensible posts I have read today. We are part of the City family and so is Roberto Mancini and watching his body language with our substitutes yesterday, especially with James Milner, you could see that he feels the same way. These players are HIS players and they play for all of us. Thank you Zeven for restoring my faith.

I thought that we played a decent game last night, they never stopped fighting, and ok there were a few mistakes but what side doesn't make mistakes. We were slowed down by the Real Madrid 'tactics' but well done the Manchester City team.

sergiokun said:
Ryinho said:
Just coming back from the game now, and im still in disbelief and how many times they were diving and just their general time wasting you just don't expect from a world class team which they showed in the first half. Don't think the ref helped as he just let them have foul after foul.

Mourinho is a cock don't want him anywhere near this club if Mancini was to go, and glad the fans let him know it

Spot on mate, did you see the twat when the ref added 5 mins??? Can't stand the bloke, his tactics are cry on the floor if we are winning
The icing on the cake for me was when we had the free kick near their area and Dave hit it into the wall, lo and behold I thought the defender had been decapitated with his theatrics and the ref stops play.
Remarkably he quickly recovers and from a dangerous position the ball is given back to us close to our penalty area, we really benefitted from that decision!

Mancini is one of the family - he epitomises everything that is good about this great club - of course he has weaknessess but all managers do - and all clubs and fans do too - but he is a great manger in development and is doing so in conjunction with our clubs development - it's a perfect fit. I'm proud to have him as our manager - I couldn't be about that arrogant, ignorant, classless, twat Mourinho or that sozzled, cheating, bullying, hypocrite down the road.

Pep? - ok, got class and integrity - but without the "trinity"?? - probably not.

So we may not win every game and sometimes tactics might not work - But no manager is immune to this.

crystal_mais said:
John.des said:
"With the players City have, it's incredible they haven't qualified two years in a row," Mourinho told reporters.

"If I had been knocked out of the Champions League in the groups, I wouldn't have been able to go back to Madrid."

Wonder what Mansour thinks when he reads it tomorrow... or Mancini or the City players when they hear the world's best coach talking like this.

He is not far from the truth - With the players we have, we should have done better. Madrid knew what they had to come and do and they did it very well.

We had chances to win this group or be in the top 2 - Winning away at both Madrid & Ajax and then to lose showed our lack of a game plan

I'm a big fan of Mourinho - he is by far one of the best managers in the game.

As for you people who are being critical of him, thats your opinion. If he pitched up here and won league after league and other trophies - sure you wouldn't complain
I think we have the same record under Mancini in our first 11 CL games as Inter did with Mourinho in their first 11 CL games wit him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.