Mourinho and Madrid

Ignoring the BBC stats which are always wrong, the stats after the game last night was 31 free kicks awarded. 21 against us. They did a job conning the ref who i thought lost control a number of times and how he didnt add on any more time to the 5 mins when they were time wasting, feigning injury is beyond me.

John.des said:
"With the players City have, it's incredible they haven't qualified two years in a row," Mourinho told reporters.

"If I had been knocked out of the Champions League in the groups, I wouldn't have been able to go back to Madrid."

Wonder what Mansour thinks when he reads it tomorrow... or Mancini or the City players when they hear the world's best coach talking like this.

He is not far from the truth - With the players we have, we should have done better. Madrid knew what they had to come and do and they did it very well.

We had chances to win this group or be in the top 2 - Winning away at both Madrid & Ajax and then to lose showed our lack of a game plan

I'm a big fan of Mourinho - he is by far one of the best managers in the game.

As for you people who are being critical of him, thats your opinion. If he pitched up here and won league after league and other trophies - sure you wouldn't complain

hertsblue said:
Ignoring the BBC stats which are always wrong, the stats after the game last night was 31 free kicks awarded. 21 against us. They did a job conning the ref who i thought lost control a number of times and how he didnt add on any more time to the 5 mins when they were time wasting, feigning injury is beyond me.

He didn't even play the full 5 minutes, I made a point of looking at my watch as soon as the 90 minutes were up on the scoreboard and then they said 5 minutes and it was 4 mins 24 seconds and he blew as we were on a straight run for their goal!!

p.s. John.des who said Mourinho is the best coach in the world????? Probably only Mourinho himself!!

The Champions League is hailed as the pinnacle of the sport - I'm not sure I agree I thinks it too contrived and predictable - same fixtures over and over again etc. That said I thought last nights game - despite a spirited performance from City showed just how low football can stoop. An exhibition of petulance and sheer gamesmanship that I can't quite believe some of the sponsors would want to be associated with. Di Maria - seriously made no impact on the game other than throwing himself to the floor and crying like a baby.

I absolutely fucking hate both MORONio and Ronaldo! - I know this is anything from a decent quality post, and doesn't contribute much but I just wanted to get that off my chest!

And Mourinio can fuck right off if he ever thinks he gonna run us (not that me saying that would stop him if he had the chance and he fancied it) - Everyone calls him the special one, to me he's more special needs! - PRICK

crystal_mais said:
John.des said:
"With the players City have, it's incredible they haven't qualified two years in a row," Mourinho told reporters.

"If I had been knocked out of the Champions League in the groups, I wouldn't have been able to go back to Madrid."

Wonder what Mansour thinks when he reads it tomorrow... or Mancini or the City players when they hear the world's best coach talking like this.

He is not far from the truth - With the players we have, we should have done better. Madrid knew what they had to come and do and they did it very well.

We had chances to win this group or be in the top 2 - Winning away at both Madrid & Ajax and then to lose showed our lack of a game plan

As for you people who are being critical of him, thats your opinion. If he pitched up here and won league after league and other trophies - sure you wouldn't complain

Completely agree. Although Mourinho was no doubt having a pop before the game "City won't qualify", and after the game with his comments quoted above, he isn't wrong on either front.

Still find it funny that so many people make so many distinctions between Mancini and Mourinho when they are essentially cut from the same cloth. Mourinho is just a more complete version of Mancini and therefore a more successful version of him.

Anyone wanting to dispute this should read Ibrahimovic's biography. Few players have been "close" to Mancini since he's become a manager, but it seems like Ibra was closer than most. Even he acknowledged the difference between Mancini and Mourinho was that "I'd kill for Mourinho".

BillyShears said:
crystal_mais said:
John.des said:

Completely agree. Although Mourinho was no doubt having a pop before the game "City won't qualify", and after the game with his comments quoted above, he isn't wrong on either front.

Still find it funny that so many people make so many distinctions between Mancini and Mourinho when they are essentially cut from the same cloth. Mourinho is just a more complete version of Mancini and therefore a more successful version of him.

Anyone wanting to dispute this should read Ibrahimovic's biography. Few players have been "close" to Mancini since he's become a manager, but it seems like Ibra was closer than most. Even he acknowledged the difference between Mancini and Mourinho was that "I'd kill for Mourinho".

They clearly and obviously detest each other too.

I know he's a **** but there's no reason to hate him, he's right about 90% of things he says. As for the people say they wouldn't have him at City, stop lying, course you would, he's the best manager on earth.

Interesting debate. However as I came out of the ground last night I said to my mate that the way Madrid playd was how to play in Europe whether you like it or not. They broke up the flow of the game, won cheap free kicks, played at their pace etc. It isn't pretty but unfortumately that is what it takes. Chelsea won the cup last year not by playing great football but playing for penalties. Would I like to watch it, no. Would I like City to win the cup playing that way, too right. Like it or night we have to learn that Champions league isn't necessarily a higher standard of football than we are currently playing but a different way of reaching the emnd result.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.