Mourinho announced as new Spurs coach

It’s not actually that much of a surprise or beyond him to do well.... Maureen’s teams are invariably about spines, he has a basis to work from and the perfect target man in Kane, if he can get Ndombele playing and tighten up at the back, he’ll make the top 4!

The squad he has is very, very good. Spurs were the 3rd best side in the league comfortably before Ndombele and Lo Celso arrived, who are 2 players who should improve them massively.

Their last 9 months has been incredible levels of under-performing, and if Mourinho's arrival makes Alderweireld and Vertonghen reconsider leaving, and the problems that have been building up within the squad go away, then they could possibly get near us and Liverpool next season.

The big question is just which Mourinho is going to turn up.

The squad he has is very, very good. Spurs were the 3rd best side in the league comfortably before Ndombele and Lo Celso arrived, who are 2 players who should improve them massively.

Their last 9 months has been incredible levels of under-performing, and if Mourinho's arrival makes Alderweireld and Vertonghen reconsider leaving, and the problems that have been building up within the squad go away, then they could possibly get near us and Liverpool next season.

The big question is just which Mourinho is going to turn up.

I know what you're saying but that's a lot of ifs that Spurs need to go their way, to be fair.

I know what you're saying but that's a lot of ifs that Spurs need to go their way, to be fair.

Is it? 1) The right Mourinho turns up, probably a 50/50 at worst.
2) Alderweireld & co. decide to stick around because a serial winner has arrived. Given both Alderweireld and Eriksen were available last summer and no one wanted them, I'd say the chances of that are even higher.

Gutted that it ended this way for Poch. I’ll always be grateful for the fantastic job that he did, against the odds.

Didn’t want Mourinho. But he might work as a short term solution. Long term, I think Levy has his eye on Julian Nagelsmann at Leipzig.

By the way, Spurs have been getting plenty of bad press this morning and got plenty of bad press in the past when previous managers were sacked and new ones quickly appointed. It really isn’t just City who get it in the neck.

I think these days the shelf life of a top manager is five years. Gone are the days of Ferguson and Wenger type reigns. Motivation, the intensity seems to wane and staleness/complacency creep in. Pep I think has alluded to such himself.

Ian Herbert in the Daily Mail, describing Potchettino as "One in a line of supremely gifted managers, running right back to Busby and Shankly to Clough, through Robson, Ferguson and Klopp"
...er, any one we know missing from that line up?

This is the problem. Clowns like him just repeat crap like this ad nauseam. Some might argue with the squad he had he underachieved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.