Mourinho or Mancini

Is it too much to accept that they are both good managers, and if you prefer one to the other it doesn't mean you have to claim the other is shit or deranged or is satan's love child

MSP said:
InMyLifetime-BaconChops said:
Think most people are forgetting Madrid are doing absolutely shite atm..and way worse than us...

Actually, if they win next two against Sociedad and Osasuna they'll have exactly same number of points from same number of games as we do. Scored 7 more in the league, conceded 2 less.

And yeah, one tiny thing more - they went through the CL group, one we had bad luck to play in too. Had a slightly better point count (11 vs 3)

Way worse, I tell you.

The league in Spain is far inferior in difficulty to the league in England first of all, and I'm not sure if anyone can disagree with that.

And I wasn't talking about Europe...

ManCitizens. said:
MSP said:
Think most people are forgetting Madrid are doing absolutely shite atm..and way worse than us...

Actually, if they win next two against Sociedad and Osasuna they'll have exactly same number of points from same number of games as we do. Scored 7 more in the league, conceded 2 less.

And yeah, one tiny thing more - they went through the CL group, one we had bad luck to play in too. Had a slightly better point count (11 vs 3)

Way worse, I tell you.

Apart from 4 or 5 teams , the league is utter shite. Everybody plays the same way (passing football). It's like us playing Hull City with them trying to outplay us by passing it without the 10 at the back every other week.

I can't remember any team there conceding 17 goals while scoring 0 in 3 games like Villa did recently.

And some recent clashes between clubs from both leagues as well as number of clubs still live in European competitions are saying some different story. Only thing Premier League is better at is talking how much better it is. And match attendance.

But keep believing in that if it makes you feel better ;)

The league in Spain is far inferior in difficulty to the league in England first of all, and I'm not sure if anyone can disagree with that.

There're many who disagree with that but those are not ready to smoke what Sky says about Premier League.

Last season's La Liga runners up (mighty Barcelona) - 92 points.

Last season's PL runners up (pretty limited United) - 89 points.

Sweet dreams :)

MSP said:

There're many who disagree with that but those are not ready to smoke what Sky says about Premier League.

I notice how you didn't reply to my slightly more detailed post on the previous page, smart move.

ManCitizens. said:
MSP said:

I notice how you didn't reply to my slightly more detailed post on the previous page, smart move.

No, I haven't seen it, I'll do it now, I doubt it's anything to be scared of though :)

-- Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:40 am --

Apart from 4 or 5 teams , the league is utter shite. Everybody plays the same way (passing football). It's like us playing Hull City with them trying to outplay us by passing it without the 10 at the back every other week.

This?

I had replied on this, maybe not quoting it but definitely replied on it in each of my previous posts.

It's as irrelevant post as it could be mate tbh (I could use harder words but no need to go personal). I don't care about your view of it, I care about facts and arguments. If you can provide those, be my guest.

BTW, do you really think that everyone plays passing football in Spain? Have you ever watched Real Madrid maybe (and many other who in no way or form are playing passing football)? Or Barcelona is all you managed to see and you think if Barcelona and Spain national team are playing it it must be that everybody does?

And for 10 men behind the ball, that's exactly how Valencia, in no way crap club like half of Premier League played at Bernabeu at start of this season.

MSP said:

Way worse, I tell you.

And I wasn't talking about Europe...
This guy is absolutely shameless. 100% shameless. I've torn him apart over trying to pretend that a goal or point in La Liga has the same value as it does in England, but he's still trying to pretend like it is.

This is getting to be embarassing...

Mancini is a good manager. (He can have a bad season.)
Mourinho is a fantastic manager. (He can have a bad season.)

it is really not one of them is super another one is shit. Both are top managers but Mourinho has the edge easily. It doesnt make Mancini shit.

It comes down to the owners are they delighted with the pace of transforming City into a real elite club.

We already pay the wages of elite clubs. That was the easy part, handing out those wages. But when you see our CL record we are far from that level.

What is totally not a good thing for Mancini as he has his own CL record.

Good CL performance could save him from a bad PL season.

It's the case with Mourinho now, he lost the league already but CL is there for them. And the bad thing will be for Mancini if they easily beat United as pretty sure they will be playing those matches as last chance matches against a United defence that is conceding 2-3 goals against everyone.

If Mancini cannot beat that United in PL with the embarassing CL fiasco it is very bad for him.

Just like for Mourinho if he doesnt get at least into the final of CL.

Honestly we cannot compare league rivals like Barca vs. United.

If we would have a rival that would have 18-1-0 record (like Real has that in Barca) we would be exactly 16 points behind.

Thank God our rivals is only a United side with worse defence and midfield they had in last 5-10 years.
What will they concede over 50 goals? And still win the league?
Which top league was won in last 10 years with the Champions conceding over 50 goals? I cannot remember one...

Damanino said:
Honestly we cannot compare league rivals like Barca vs. United.

If we would have a rival that would have 18-1-0 record (like Real has that in Barca) we would be exactly 16 points behind.

Thank God our rivals is only a United side with worse defence and midfield they had in last 5-10 years.
What will they concede over 50 goals? And still win the league?
Which top league was won in last 10 years with the Champions conceding over 50 goals? I cannot remember one...
You can't compare the Premier League to La Liga. Here's proof, let's take where Real Madrid were in the past two seasons at this stage (after 17 games).

11/12 (when they were winners) - 43 pts (10 points ahead of where they are now)
10/11 (when they were runners-up) - 44 pts (11 points ahead of where they are now)

Real Madrid aren't so far behind in the title race because Barcelona are tearing the league up. They're so far behind because they're 10 and 11 points behind where they were at the exact same stage of last season and the season before.

Or are you going to try to say I can't compare the Real Madrid of this season to last season or the one before either? Try telling that to the Real Madrid fans, or their board.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.