Mourinho or Mancini

Although Madrid aren't having a good season in the league, and Jose has to be held accountable to some degree, I really don't think that it is a stick with which he should be beaten.

Last season he won La Liga, against all odds, against a side well renowned as being one of the best sides ever. Jose, and everyone else, knows full well that this is likely his last season in Spain and as such retaining the league means nothing to him. He knows they will finish top 4 and still be in the Chumps next year but this year, for him, is all about the attempt at winning the Chumps with Madrid.

He may well fail, he may well lose his job before the scum game, however the bottom line is that the Chumps is his target for this season.

Hence, imo, the 16 point gap is largely irrelevant as he already has the La Liga medal and just wants to add another European winners medal to his haul.

Rammy Blue said:
Although Madrid aren't having a good season in the league, and Jose has to be held accountable to some degree, I really don't think that it is a stick with which he should be beaten.

Last season he won La Liga, against all odds, against a side well renowned as being one of the best sides ever. Jose, and everyone else, knows full well that this is likely his last season in Spain and as such retaining the league means nothing to him. He knows they will finish top 4 and still be in the Chumps next year but this year, for him, is all about the attempt at winning the Chumps with Madrid.

He may well fail, he may well lose his job before the scum game, however the bottom line is that the Chumps is his target for this season.

Hence, imo, the 16 point gap is largely irrelevant as he already has the La Liga medal and just wants to add another European winners medal to his haul.

That's the problem with him... it's all about what he can do for himself.

To me that seems as if he's in it more for himself and his own records than the club he is employed to manage. So, he won the league for them last year. Surely their supporters should expect him to do everything he can to do it again.

To me trying his best and still falling 16 points behind is much, much better than giving it up so he can add another champions league notch to his bedpost.

I'm sure they won't mind if he win them 10th European one ;)

Not sure he'd do it though, I guess Barcelona and Bayern have more chance to do it.

And you certainly don't think that he's really doesn't want to win La Liga this year? Of course he does, he's just not able to do it this time and will focus to CL where he still has more chance. Anyone with half brain would do after basically losing the league.

The good thing for him is that he still have some major trophy to fight for unlike one who is supposedly better option for some of guys here.

Irregardless of what happens with Mancini, I think there is likely ZERO chance of Mou being named as manager at City. Soriano and Begiristain passed him by before to name a guy who had one year experience plus as Barca's B team manager, and NO other manager experience overall. Even Mou's six-hour presentation of his vision for taking Barca forward didn't sway them. Also, I just cannot wrap my head around the notion of Sheik Mansour hiring Mou to be the most public face of his most precious investment and a representative of what Abu Dhabi wishes to show the rest of the world.

Although I have to admit, if Mou came and poked Gollum Moyes in the eye after a match, I might actually enjoy that...

Rammy Blue said:

1 Barcelona 17 16 1 0 38 49
2 Atletico Madrid 17 13 1 3 20 40
3 Real Madrid 17 10 3 4 24 33
4 Malaga 17 9 4 4 16 31
5 Real Betis 17 9 1 7 -2 28

Of course there is an element of what's in it for him however that's taking it all a tad too literally.

Beating Barca to the title last year was nothing short of a miracle and something that was highly unlikely to have been repeated this season.

I'm sure Madrid fans and heirarchy would love him to pull of a Chumps win, just as it was with Inter Milan.

Sometimes it just has to be that you have to prioritise one over another.

Look at the flipside from when we went out of the chumps - most people said they were happy to miss out on europa due to being able to concentrate on the prem - fat lot of help that's proving to be.....<br /><br />-- Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:34 pm --<br /><br />
Marvin said:
Rammy Blue said:

1 Barcelona 17 16 1 0 38 49
2 Atletico Madrid 17 13 1 3 20 40
3 Real Madrid 17 10 3 4 24 33
4 Malaga 17 9 4 4 16 31
5 Real Betis 17 9 1 7 -2 28

and?

Neither Mou nor Mancio. I want The Pep at season's end. If he won't come, then meet Hiddink's buyout price with Anzhi. Klopp would be a great choice, but I think he's set for BVB for at least a few more seasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.