Mourinho played last 10mins with 1 defender vs Kiev

skybluekings

When you see other teams going for the kill you understand what Kolo Toure is talking about.

Last night Dinamo Kiev was leading Inter Milan by 1-0 and until the 80th min and they then dug in for the win.

Mourinho responded by playing just 1 defender!! 1 in central defence and everyone else in midfield and attack.
It was crazy to see and boy did it put pressure on Kiev. They couldn't get the ball out of their area for 10 secs.

Inter ended up winning 2-1 (scoring in the 86th and 89th min)

As Kolo said, the best teams go all out for the win. When Inter got the tying goal they could have settled for that and not take the risk, but the kept the same formation and went all out for it.

I LOVE City, but we don't have that "killer" instinct. Is it up to the coach to instill it?
We settle for our results instead of making our results.

REPORT FROM THE GAME:
LINK:http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/ital...cchi-inter-boss-jose-mourinho-is-a-phenomenon

Arrigo Sacchi: Inter Boss Jose Mourinho Is A Phenomenon
The ex-Milan tactician has heaped praise on the Portuguese coach after the Nerazzurri’s last-gasp win over Dinamo Kiev...

Serie A giants Inter scored twice in the final five minutes to defeat Dynamo Kiev 2-1 last night and move top of Champions League Group F.

Diego Milito cancelled out Andriy Shevchenko’s opener with a scuffed effort, before Dutch midfielder Wesley Sneijder gave the Beneamata their first victory of the European campaign.

And former Milan boss Arrigo Sacchi thinks Jose Mourinho deserves all the credit for this dramatic result.

“I believe Mourinho made all the difference, as he did something we had never seen in Italy so far,” Sacchi told Mediaset.

“He played the last minutes of the game with a single central defender. He created a bit of confusion, but originated something we had never seen in this country.

“I must ask: is he a phenomenon or can he do whatever he wants with the team he has at his disposal? I reckon he is a phenomenon.”

Inter need three points from their final two games to make a sure of a place in the last 16 of the competition.

It was in a knockout competition. If they had lost then they would have had a tough time to qualify for the next round.

Completely different circumstances to a league game relatively early in the season.

Some people are desperate for something to have a dig at Hughes with.

masterwig said:
It was in a knockout competition. If they had lost then they would have had a tough time to qualify for the next round.

Completely different circumstances to a league game relatively early in the season.

Do you want a ladder to get off the horse your on? I dont think anyone is having a go at Hughes here, just admiring the audacity of Mourinho

How many times have we lost this season?

Also how many times have we been behind with 10 minutes to go?

masterwig said:

Not having a dig at Hughes. I'm just in awe of him making a move like that.
I mean, have you ever seen a coach do that before? Knock out or final or relegation battle?

That was just crazy to see and I was really impressed. It made me understand Kolo's comments better and even if we don't go to such a drastic measure, we don't pressure enough to make a win happen in tough situations, league game or not.

Hughes is the coach. I actually want him to succeed because it means City succeeds.
Sorry if it came across as a dig at Hughes, but it was not intended to be.

Yeah that one center back at the end of the game was crazy. I thought the guy just went mad but got to give him credit, all he's changes were brilliant...

Ah fair enough. I thought it was another 'Hughes is too negative' thread albeit a nicely disguised one.

Mourinho is a genius. I don't think he's right for us but I hope he returns to England some day, his interviews alone are good value.

When he has gone down to 1 defender he can't put them back on if a draw was good enough, so needs to play to the teams strenths, which would be to push on.

I said after the Wigan game when the 4th official put up 4mins and we had the ball in their half we didn't go or the win, we were happy to see out a draw, that pissed me off.

You see them lot across the road, they attack and attack until the ref blows, they take shots that will either deflect of a defender and go in or deflect of a defender and fall to someone else, they whip balls in the box hoping for a touch of ANYONE.

We shouldn't be happy to settle for points against Wigan, Fulham and Birmingham when the board goes up, we should go for the win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.