Mourinho - where does he go after RM?

prairiemoon said:
I'd like to see what he could do with a shit lower division club that has little money.

So the swamp for him in a year or so will fit your requirements nicely.

1961_vintage said:
Has been obvious for some time now that he is swamp-bound, a position for which he has all the credentials and more in terms of his self-obessed arrogance. He has a key role to play in terms of their continued implosion.

I can't see Mourinho taking on what I consider to be the biggest poison chalice in world football, namely replacing Ferguson. Don't get me wrong, he's arrogant enough to think he could better Ferguson's achievements, and imo he's good enough to actually deliver, but he's not stupid and there's no way he'd touch that job unless there were some MAJOR changes behind the scenes. The squad is ageing and is in need of a total revamp, so some cast iron guarantees of some serious financial backing would have to be in place before he'd even consider it, otherwise he's on a hiding to nothing. The ideal job for Mourinho is City, because he wants to return to England, but unfortunately for him, there's no vacancy and there's unlikely to be one for the foreseeable future, as long as Mancini keeps doing the business. He'll probably just bide his time and see how things develop over the next couple of years.

prairiemoon said:
I'd like to see what he could do with a shit lower division club that has little money.

Look at the work he did with Leira early in his early management days. Inter had a very small net spend where he won their first champions league in 55 years. Porto had nowhere near the biggest budget and he won back to back european titles.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.