Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

I agree to a certain extent. But you also have to think that the money Galatasaray/Turkish FA would get for hosting it could be huge for them under this Covid situation. They already missed out on that last year. Can we just take it away from them? Maybe we can, maybe they’ll be alright without it!

It is a bit different to the Arsenal v Chelsea Europa League final in Baku, because of the Covid situation this time, they really were cheeky as fuck to suggest it shouldn’t be played there just because it was a long way away and hard to get to from here. But can we just take it away from the Ataturk?
In normal times I'd be in agreement with you, my flights and hotel would have been booked along with the other 8 or so that usually take in European away games with me. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to increase the wealth of Turkish barkeeps and restaurant owners, alas common sense says these are not normal times so in my opinion forsaking a trip abroad for the chance to watch it in the UKs is the way forward not ideal I admit I'd much rather be in the sunshine with 15000 blues there. UEFA just need to promise Istanbul the next final in better times.

I agree to a certain extent. But you also have to think that the money Galatasaray/Turkish FA would get for hosting it could be huge for them under this Covid situation. They already missed out on that last year. Can we just take it away from them? Maybe we can, maybe they’ll be alright without it!

It is a bit different to the Arsenal v Chelsea Europa League final in Baku, because of the Covid situation this time, they really were cheeky as fuck to suggest it shouldn’t be played there just because it was a long way away and hard to get to from here. But can we just take it away from the Ataturk?
Yes because their govt didn’t get their shit together re covid and vaccine programme and allowing any cûnt from india and qatar et al to transit through without testing and quarantine.

Why wasn’t it red 3 weeks ago when cases were soaring and at 69k a day?
if It’s public safety bollocks, then make it red then.
stinks of political manoeuvring, wanting the prestige of a final in England.
UEFA should stick to their guns and tell the elitist tossers to do one.
BTW, it’s the little englanders who are always permanently offended by something or other, hence the snowflake reference.

Yes because their govt didn’t get their shit together re covid and vaccine programme and allowing any cûnt from india and qatar et al to transit through without testing and quarantine.
Like we did?
have you been in a coma?
worst Covid response on the planet we’ve got.
people in glass houses.

Why wasn’t it red 3 weeks ago when cases were soaring and at 69k a day?
if It’s public safety bollocks, then make it red then.
stinks of political manoeuvring, wanting the prestige of a final in England.
UEFA should stick to their guns and tell the elitist tossers to do one.
BTW, it’s the little englanders who are always permanently offended by something or other, hence the snowflake reference.
I doubt that the government made it 'red' for the sake of bringing the final to England. I do, however, think that they were influenced by thousands of people from these shores going to Istanbul. If PSG had been playing Real Madrid in the final then I think Turkey would have stayed amber.

It was moved on mass with the whole league and competition, there are two clubs involved in this, I do t know Chelsea’s situation, but if Kun wants to go to Barca etc then theyd want him pre season. Theres still a killer virus out there and that should take precedence, Istanbul can have a full house in two years I’m sure they’d much prefer that than a damp squib with no fans and a load of press hangers on.
Yep, Istanbul in two years would be preferable. Turkey might agree to that, though Munich is scheduled for 2023, but they'll probably co-operate.
The problem is here and now, but where? As has been said, Wembley is an obvious answer but for the play-offs, and other London stadiums that weekend would be out on the basis of policing and transport concerns.
It should be noted that Covid outbreaks can re-occur dramatically at any time, so a re-arrangement for say Lisbon might come unstuck if the virus blows up there in two or three weeks time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.