Movember

mansour's tow ropes said:
robertdanmorris said:
Completely agree with you marcus - my hope would be the players doing it raises awareness and gets people to have a check.

Males in their 40s-60s always try to deny it so the increased awareness programmes help massively.

Sorry Mansour tow ropes but I think completely the opposite to your opinion.

Movember is an awareness campaign more than a charity appeal.
No need to aplogise I totally understand where youre coming from, maybe im being a cynical bastard.

I just feel Movember is abused each year by people who dont get sponsored, dont care about the charity motive behind it and generally just grow some shit facial hair to gain a bit of attention (being a 'lad') off their mates - again maybe this isnt a fair assumption to make

I get your point completely but I actually find the opposite is true where lots of people don't do it because they are primmadonnas who don't want facial hair even if its raising awareness/ at least a little bit of solidarity. Bloody modern day metrosexuals.

robertdanmorris said:
Completely agree with you marcus - my hope would be the players doing it raises awareness and gets people to have a check.

Males in their 40s-60s always try to deny it so the increased awareness programmes help massively.

No need to aplogise I totally understand where youre coming from, maybe im being a cynical bastard.

I just feel Movember is abused each year by people who dont get sponsored, dont care about the charity motive behind it and generally just grow some shit facial hair to gain a bit of attention (being a 'lad') off their mates - again maybe this isnt a fair assumption to make

Its to raise awareness not just funds mtr, hopefully it will remind men to have a decent feel and inspection. Scratching your balls in the morning doesn't always count never does ignoring issues with bowel problems. Its trying to break down barriers men like to think keep them manly......there's nothing manly about a bloke who weighs 8 stone, is in extreme pain and staring death in the face. I know from personal experience its a sad fact, especially when some of those men could have been saved had they seeked medical advice earlier. I hope I'm not making you feel that I'm having a goe as I'm not pal.

Petetheblu said:
robertdanmorris said:

Its to raise awareness not just funds mtr, hopefully it will remind men to have a decent feel and inspection. Scratching your balls in the morning doesn't always count never does ignoring issues with bowel problems. Its trying to break down barriers men like to think keep them manly......there's nothing manly about a bloke who weighs 8 stone, is in extreme pain and staring death in the face. I know from personal experience its a sad fact, especially when some of those men could have been saved had they seeked medical advice earlier. I hope I'm not making you feel that I'm having a goe as I'm not pal.
not at all bud. sorry if I come across as insensitive to some folk, I'm really not because cancer of all kinds is one of the worst things that can happen in life, but I just feel that too many people don't take Movember seriously and just use it for personal gain!

marcus said:
I would hope none of the players do it. They should just make a donation instead. Im not keen on Movember for the fact that I'm guessing 95% of people who 'do it' don't actually get sponsored

I had cancer 2 years ago and the first Movember after I grew a muzzy and raised over a grand. Grew one last year but didn't mither people for money as I decided they'd donated there hard earned money the year before so didn't want to mither.
I think I'll grow another this year but again not ask for money as I've already done a sponsored bike ride in Sept.

The way I see it it, its all about raising awareness. If one person asks why you've grown a muzzy and you tell em and they go home and check there spuds for lumps, well it's worth it.

So I hope all prem footballers do it, raise the awareness, get people checking and hopefully catch any cancerous situations early and make full recoverys... Like me.
Super post

robertdanmorris said:

This.

The more awareness the better. It would be good if the club got behind it one way or another but sadly I can't see it happening.

Oh and lads... Check your spuds... now. Right now. Just do it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.