Movie Discussion Thread | Upcoming Releases etc..

Best 3 Jokers in no particular order

Nowt in both trailers makes me think the new one will oust these from my top 3

You may enjoy it. Personally I wasn't impressed with it.

I think you don't quite realise when you watched "Shazam", that the age in him hasn't changed and that's why you thought the film was 'childish'!

I've seen the film, you haven't...so I think I know what I meant.

Whilst that is a fair point, I know the history and you don't.

I would expect the 'childish' angle to be purpose driven.

I'm going to see it with my 9 year old, so I will revisit this conversation afterwards.

Saw it the other day and was EXACTLY as I thought it would be. I think it was an excellent rendition of the new version of the comic 'Shazam!'.

My son thought it was brilliant.

It would appear tonight was spent drinking wine and watch the new marvel film. It's very exciting. Some sort of screener. Some people appear to be not dead. Some others are. Very exciting. Except not. Formulaic. As you would expect. Average actors doing average stuff. Anyhoo ...more wine! DEATH!

Was the Joker always called Arthur Fleck?
I noticed A Fleck sounds like the Batman actor Ben A Fleck.
As i understand it this is a nod to him. Likely because he is not just an actor but a director also. I assume the makers knew he got the short stick with the recent Batman and this is a slight nod as if to say "we gotcha mate" as he is "one of them" to. That is me reading between the finest of lines though, lines that may not be there.

.::End Game spoiler marker post::.

If you don't want spoilers i would not read this thread until you have for a while.

Lot's to talk about, do you need to see it again before commenting ? It was a lot of movie!

A lot of dynamics in this film and talking points. What did people think about... i'll add this under spoiler in case some fool keeps reading this post...

Captain Marvel again seeming very wooden even for that short time. It doesn't fill me with hope for phase 4/5 (second chapter for us normal people). The film in general was as good though as could be hoped. It was never going to give the emotional investment Infinity War demanded as we know the goodies win and baddies have to lose. I know why they made Thor a fat useless arse, he needs a re-arcing for GOTG Vol III so ii get that. Thanos though had all the good bits removed for a slightly generic bad guy, that was a slight let down. I'll shut up for now and let someone else chip in :-)

If you read on after this post and someone spoilers without the spoiler tag don't get angry, you have been given fair notice :-)

I notice most posts are about comic book films which shows cinema is in a poor place at the moment. Like music originality is becoming hard to find. I will watch end game when I can find a stream and it will no doubt pass the time but will leave no lasting effect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.