Movie Discussion Thread | Upcoming Releases etc..

@Bigga you know your comic stuff so in the film who is the character that puts the axe in darkseid in the first battle?

To be honest, mate, I don't know.

I suspect he's a 'Thor' type character just embedded within the original 'Age of Heroes' to make up the team. He's obviously just an inspiration... Unless someone else can place him? No one comes to mind with him as it confused me, as well, to be honest.

Yeah, the one thing we have to remember as comic book fans and watching adaptations, there will be a LOT of familiarity/ similarity of characters that appear, in the main, between the franchise competitors.

That's Ares, although i've not seen the scene myself but i remember reading about it. In the first cut, it was Ares wielding the axe on Steppenwolf, but Snyder made the change.

I thought 'Ares' wielded and harnessed the lightning power?

No, I'm wrong, as 'Ares' is WW's father, no?

I still don't think it's 'Ares' though.

Interesting reading about the Snyder film, for those in the know, who is the character pretending to be Superman’s mam, then changes to the colonel from man of steel film and what does he have to do with this whole DC world?

@Bigga you know your comic stuff so in the film who is the character that puts the axe in darkseid in the first battle?

That's Ares, although i've not seen the scene myself but i remember reading about it. In the first cut, it was Ares wielding the axe on Steppenwolf, but Snyder made the change.

I'm retracting what I said about 'Ares'. I keep forgetting Snyder reimagines characters, but Shev is bang on...

e79f34b7c7b8f402ae58130264267fe0.jpg

Interesting reading about the Snyder film, for those in the know, who is the character pretending to be Superman’s mam, then changes to the colonel from man of steel film and what does he have to do with this whole DC world?

That would be 'Martian Manhunter' who has resided on Earth for a millennia and was too afraid to show himself to earthlings. If I recall correctly, he is similar to 'Supes' being the 'last survivor' of his planet as it was destroyed, I think in this instance, by 'Darkseid'. I'm sure, originally, he reveals himself to 'Supes' for that very reason.

Also interesting that Snyder filmed John Stewart Green Lantern and WB convinced him to drop it so he was allowed to use Martian Manhunter as a compromise. WB have not done anything with GL since, really pisses me off they have no vision for the franchise

I thought 'Ares' wielded and harnessed the lightning power?

No, I'm wrong, as 'Ares' is WW's father, no?

I still don't think it's 'Ares' though.
Zeus wields lightning being the ruler of olympus (he throws lightning bolts) but Ares can as well. But Ares (god of war) is more accustomed to weaponry so the axe is his thing. I'll have to watch this specific scene when i get to it, but in the first cut it he was instructed by Zeus to do it.

Zeus is Diana's father, Ares is step-brother..

Also interesting that Snyder filmed John Stewart Green Lantern and WB convinced him to drop it so he was allowed to use Martian Manhunter as a compromise. WB have not done anything with GL since, really pisses me off they have no vision for the franchise
I think the GL film really killed that fire, it was so bad. But tbh i'm not that big on the character myself, most of his powers seem a bit shit to the point i don't think the film was that far off with it. I was a bit more disappointed that they didn't have Shazam in this tbfh, but in 2017 it would have been too many characters needed introductions i guess.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.