Movie Discussion Thread | Upcoming Releases etc..

I think the GL film really killed that fire, it was so bad. But tbh i'm not that big on the character myself, most of his powers seem a bit shit to the point i don't think the film was that far off with it. I was a bit more disappointed that they didn't have Shazam in this tbfh, but in 2017 it would have been too many characters needed introductions i guess.
I think the GL film was poorly executed but the lanterns have such scope for larger battles especially Darkseid. Shazam would be to comedic in the way they used him in the film I don’t know how they’d integrate him into this darker universe.

I think the GL film was poorly executed but the lanterns have such scope for larger battles especially Darkseid. Shazam would be to comedic in the way they used him in the film I don’t know how they’d integrate him into this darker universe.
The Lanterns and Shazam are all part of the comic version of these battles. I think Flash & Shazam bounce well off each other, with Shazam being the adolescent comedy and Flash being the dry comedy. Shazam also shares somewhat of a bond with Cyborg as he watched him when he was an athlete and looks up to him, but again that is a lot to cram into a movie. Hopefully there's more to come.

The Lanterns and Shazam are all part of the comic version of these battles. I think Flash & Shazam bounce well off each other, with Shazam being the adolescent comedy and Flash being the dry comedy. Shazam also shares somewhat of a bond with Cyborg as he watched him when he was an athlete and looks up to him, but again that is a lot to cram into a movie. Hopefully there's more to come.
I hope so but I just don’t see Shazam been included, the Lanterns definitely would be a great edition, I hope they can be introduced and Snyder gets to complete a trilogy of films. Unfortunately WB seem all over the place with the franchise, with a new Batman coming and questions over if there is to be a MoS 2. However I think after the reception of this film we may see significant developments, they can’t ignore what’s gone on, even I’d the films are developed purely for streaming as its proven a 4 hour film is quite acceptable in the way he did it in chapters.

I have a couple of thoughts on 'ZS' JL'; was anyone a bit put off by the song choices (I was a little as I thought they were too on the nose) and why the fook does 'Wayne' still employ 'Alfred'?

I mean the guy is super chastening and always speaks with a barb. How is this good foil for 'Wayne'? Haha! It works, but I don't quite know why!

Oh and I'm STILL loving the 'WW' and 'Flash' action sequences on re-watch!! It's like the comics come alive!! I can't get over it!

I have a couple of thoughts on 'ZS' JL'; was anyone a bit put off by the song choices (I was a little as I thought they were too on the nose) and why the fook does 'Wayne' still employ 'Alfred'?

I mean the guy is super chastening and always speaks with a barb. How is this good foil for 'Wayne'? Haha! It works, but I don't quite know why!

Oh and I'm STILL loving the 'WW' and 'Flash' action sequences on re-watch!! It's like the comics come alive!! I can't get over it!
I liked Everybody Knows from the Whedon version, but overall I thought it was ok, especially when the MoS Zimmer music comes in.

I'll be watching the Snyder cut when I can. but the 4:3 thing seems like a mad choice. probably driven by "Heres the full wide screen snyder super dooper cut" in 6 months.

its going to be like going back to the 90's for my TV size. I'll be lucky if im getting 28/32 inch screen with this.

Some amazing video on YouTube showing scenes side by side against 16:9, this may be a game changer for cinema in general.

Watched ZS:JL today. Has to be said it’s better than the last version. Snyder managed to make me feel for the characters this time around which is rare for his films.

I do think it would have been better in episode form tho. Could have added even more back story in there. Especially around superman’s recovery etc.

Watched ZS:JL today. Has to be said it’s better than the last version. Snyder managed to make me feel for the characters this time around which is rare for his films.

I do think it would have been better in episode form tho. Could have added even more back story in there. Especially around superman’s recovery etc.

The film's chapters were the episodic cuts, there or thereabouts, so the experience would have been about the same as Snyder would have had no extra budget to play with.

It's interesting you mention the 'Mother Boxes' as I didn't think any additional information was needed at this point, but there'd be time to explore what they can do later on down the line.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.