Moving to Italy: Can I get the PL with English commentary in Italy?

Hi mate. I’m looking to holiday in south France and want to add around five to seven nights in a Italy by train (I don’t fly unless I really have to). I note you’re not far from the border of France. Where would be good to visit? We will probably do around seven days in Nice or Menton so would travel by train from Nice.

I'm the same as you regarding flying and always travel to Italy by train through France (though from Paris not Nice). You can see details from Nice to Italy at https://www.seat61.com/international-trains/trains-from-Nice.htm#Nice-Italy

Just booked by tickets for August. Looking forward to it already!

Hi mate. I’m looking to holiday in south France and want to add around five to seven nights in a Italy by train (I don’t fly unless I really have to). I note you’re not far from the border of France. Where would be good to visit? We will probably do around seven days in Nice or Menton so would travel by train from Nice.
If you're travelling from Nice, you're closest options would be Turin or Genoa, both beautiful cities, Turin is the grand, former capital of Italy, a really historic city full of things to do (none more important than going to watch TORINO FC), on the other hand genoa is on the sea, with that you get the hustle and bustle of a fishing town, loads of character, great fresh food and all round top vibes. If you want to travel abit further into Italy, head towards Brescia, i'm biased but I love Brescia, in many ways comparative to Manchester in the sense it's small, humble, industrial, great people etc, and as all italian cities it's full of history, added bonus it's close to lake garda so you could kill two birds with one stone. If Brescia doesn't take your fancy consider Bergamo, Bergamo is great, a city divided in two parts, the upper and the lower. There is half on the city situated at ground level and then take the old tram which takes you up to the high part of the city, very oldy worldy and full of little backstreet restaurants and drinking joints, Bergamo has a large student population creating very trendy, creative segments of the city. Which ever route you choose you'll be sure to have a great time.

Streaming services and sites aside because the quality isn’t the same (and often lack 4K), would I be able to watch PL and UCL matches in English when I move to Italy in a few months?

Like in Sky Italia or similar provider, could I just change the broadcast language for matches?

I’ll be so annoyed if I have to settle with listening to bippity boppity sounds (sorry Italians) when trying to watch matches.

Hey, I'd love to get bippity bobbity lingo on the matches I watch instead that inane shite we normally get! I stayed up to watch the genius PhilNev at work the other night, and dearie me, the commentary and co-commentary were fourth form level at best!

If you're travelling from Nice, you're closest options would be Turin or Genoa, both beautiful cities, Turin is the grand, former capital of Italy, a really historic city full of things to do (none more important than going to watch TORINO FC), on the other hand genoa is on the sea, with that you get the hustle and bustle of a fishing town, loads of character, great fresh food and all round top vibes. If you want to travel abit further into Italy, head towards Brescia, i'm biased but I love Brescia, in many ways comparative to Manchester in the sense it's small, humble, industrial, great people etc, and as all italian cities it's full of history, added bonus it's close to lake garda so you could kill two birds with one stone. If Brescia doesn't take your fancy consider Bergamo, Bergamo is great, a city divided in two parts, the upper and the lower. There is half on the city situated at ground level and then take the old tram which takes you up to the high part of the city, very oldy worldy and full of little backstreet restaurants and drinking joints, Bergamo has a large student population creating very trendy, creative segments of the city. Which ever route you choose you'll be sure to have a great time.

Many thanks for that. Bergamo sounds right up my street, not the trendy bit but the old world and historic elements. I did Lake Garda, (Riva) with Venice, when I wasn't such a mard-arse flyer and it's lovely.

@manchester blue

If you're going through Genoa, then I'd recommend Cinque Terra, specifically Manarola. It's only 1 hour 20 mins by train from Genoa.

Decent accommodation here ==> http://www.arpaiu.com/english.html

Best restaurant I've been to on my travels in Italy. If you book for the later sitting, all the staff then crack open the limoncello and grapa and get on it with you. The food, especially the seafood is unsurpassed ==> http://www.trattoriabilly.com/en/

Thanks @billymumphrey I'll check this out as well. Sorted my accommodation in Menton last night so need to plans some shorter stays round northern France, Epernay so far, and Italy. Restaurant looks cracking. Cheers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.