Moving to Manchester

rapidCT

Team supported
Rapid, City, AC Torino
Hello. I would like some info about moving to Manchester, please. And only Manchester.
I am 31 yo, 2 children, twins, 3 and a half years old, and wife. We live in Constanta, Romania. I earn about €2000 a month now, but we would like to move to Manchester for the next 15-20 years, for the children education.
The info I need: is it easy for me to find a job (as an engineer)? What about the salary? How much would it cost to rent/buy a house(not flat) in a good neighbourhood, british neighbours preferable? And the cost of living. Thank you and have a nice day!

Hello. I would like some info about moving to Manchester, please. And only Manchester.
I am 31 yo, 2 children, twins, 3 and a half years old, and wife. We live in Constanta, Romania. I earn about €2000 a month now, but we would like to move to Manchester for the next 15-20 years, for the children education.
The info I need: is it easy for me to find a job (as an engineer)? What about the salary? How much would it cost to rent/buy a house(not flat) in a good neighbourhood, british neighbours preferable? And the cost of living. Thank you and have a nice day!
What sought of engineering pal.

Very much depends. In my area, just outside of Manchester, you can pick up a decent 3 bedroomed terraced house for £500 a month. In the City Centre, that will barely get you a bedsit.

Cost of living is reasonable enough. You'd do absolutely fine at that salary range, average wage in the UK is about £23,000 a year.

It's easier to pick a decent area in Manchester than a nasty one. But I live in one of the more run down areas round here and as much as I take the piss out of it, I like it here. You can tell just by looking at the areas if they're alright or not.

As others have said, depends on what type of engineering as that's a broad term. Technically speaking, I'm an engineer and my background is in writing computer software.

Very much depends. In my area, just outside of Manchester, you can pick up a decent 3 bedroomed terraced house for £500 a month. In the City Centre, that will barely get you a bedsit.

Cost of living is reasonable enough. You'd do absolutely fine at that salary range, average wage in the UK is about £23,000 a year.

It's easier to pick a decent area in Manchester than a nasty one. But I live in one of the more run down areas round here and as much as I take the piss out of it, I like it here. You can tell just by looking at the areas if they're alright or not.

As others have said, depends on what type of engineering as that's a broad term. Technically speaking, I'm an engineer and my background is in writing computer software.

Oooh, this sounds a bit Raggy!

Anyway, as far as where to live is concerned yer won't do better than Blackley. Great Victorian villas for a few bob a week and yer've Boggart Hole Clough on yer doorstep, and Heaton Park as a back up!

Bloody Foreigners coming over here........ Good luck with the move mate, Gorton is a leafy suburb should be able to get a nice 3 bed condo for about £450pm.

If you're a City fan, Stockport is where it's at. We all live there.
We do :D But rent does seem to have gone up, i've rented out 3 properties in Stockport: £850 for a small 3 bedroom semi in Offerton, £1050 for an extended 4 bedroom in Heaton Norris and £1500 for a 5 bedroom semi in Heaton Moor so he might struggle around here. From this side of the City i'd probably say you could get into Levenshulme or Burnage for a reasonable rate but then you maybe suffer a little with the schooling side.

We do :D But rent does seem to have gone up, i've rented out 3 properties in Stockport: £850 for a small 3 bedroom semi in Offerton, £1050 for an extended 4 bedroom in Heaton Norris and £1500 for a 5 bedroom semi in Heaton Moor so he might struggle around here. From this side of the City i'd probably say you could get into Levenshulme or Burnage for a reasonable rate but then you maybe suffer a little with the schooling side.

Are you Robbie Fowler?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.