Moving

BimboBob

A new house and a new start is in order soon, we have young nephews and nieces in Derbyshire, just north of Alfreton, and the missus wants to be a bit closer as they grow up. So my question...

Obviously I don't want to be too close, so can anyone recommend of a decent village/ area in that part of the country that has a decent pub and a shop but is within 30 minutes drive?

images

A new house and a new start is in order soon, we have young nephews and nieces in Derbyshire, just north of Alfreton, and the missus wants to be a bit closer as they grow up. So my question...

Obviously I don't want to be too close, so can anyone recommend of a decent village/ area in that part of the country that has a decent pub and a shop but is within 30 minutes drive?

Manchester. OK may be a bit further than 30 minutes but would be your best bet.

Let her. Tell her 'off you go honey, enjoy yourself'. Problem solved.

Ashbourne is 40 mins away & really nice, we have relations there.

You could take part in the game on pancake Day but I believe the local music scene is a bit shit.

Have a look up the Derwent valley, Matlock, Bakewell, etc. Certainly some very nice countryside and towns/villages in the Peak District, although I suspect there is a premium on house prices.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.