Mr Mancini. You are a liar.

Let's start changing the mentality of fans! that was a poor performance but a point against a team who have played together for years was a Good point in the context of a season.

Pathetic post by the OP.
Its the morning after . Last nights game was no different to the way we played against Chelsea. The difference being was the goal by Tevez. We got the breakthrough , last night we did'nt. Dont be sucked up in the media frenzy that only City were defensive. The Rags came last night determined not to lose. Look at the game again, even Berbatov was getting behind the ball when we were in possession. they have NEVER done that before.
We have taken 7 points out of 12 from our supposed top four rivals which is a good return in my view.
Its not neccessarily the points you take against those around you but what you take off the other 13 teams.

Failsworth_Blue said:
You do realise that going into last nights game United were unbeaten in 24 leauge games in all competitions.?Some people believe they were there for the taking based on their performances this season but if we're being honest how close have they come to losing games this season? They are extremely hard to beat, well drilled and still have some excellent players. In Evra, Vidic and Ferdinand they have 3 of the best defenders in the leauge, it's never going to be easy to break them down when they themselves aren't willing to commit many men forward

We couldn't really afford to lose last nights game as United would have opened a 6 point gap on us, but a draw keeps us within one win of catching them. We're doing just fine at the moment, 4th in the leauge after playing United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham in our first 12 games, only 2 points behind Arsenal and 3 behind United with a home game on Saturday while they both have tough away games
Well reasoned sensible post unlike the OP who has already been identified as A.Drama Queen B.someone who should support NOT decry the manager / team. 1 point is better than f*** all !! real world, its nice to beat the scum but anything is better than losing
Last night wasn't great in terms of attacking play (from either side if were honest) because both teams didn't want to lose, at this stage of the season in a game like that i don't think theres much wrong with that

lust overlord said:
The op stated he waited a few hours before posting his rant,I suspect most of those hours were composing it.
We played a united side that have evolved a system and style of play for about two decades,yet we are supposed to surpass them in less than two seasons?some of our fans expect too much too soon.

The OP is right in saying that MANUre are not the team they were. FakeRon gone, Rooney AWOL, but they were so far ahead of the pack in the past, and particularly MCFC, that they have a long way to drop. They still possess the fundamentals, slick passing, movement off the ball, solid defence. that will still see off most PL teams. I think we matched them last night in nearly everything.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
lust overlord said:
The op stated he waited a few hours before posting his rant,I suspect most of those hours were composing it.
We played a united side that have evolved a system and style of play for about two decades,yet we are supposed to surpass them in less than two seasons?some of our fans expect too much too soon.

The OP is right in saying that MANUre are not the team they were. FakeRon gone, Rooney AWOL, but they were so far ahead of the pack in the past, and particularly MCFC, that they have a long way to drop. They still possess the fundamentals, slick passing, movement off the ball, solid defence. that will still see off most PL teams. I think we matched them last night in nearly everything.
good post DEBE

K.Reeves right foot said:
.....because you have repeatedly said the following:
"I am trying to change the mentality of this football club".

Tonight I sat in the South Stand and before me I witnessed 11 players playing for Manchester City who were literally paralysed by fear and devoid of any freedom to express the undoubted talents they posess.
You have drained the life out of those players with cautious and stiffling tactics. Your mission AGAIN was to 'not lose'.
In your programme notes you stated the world was watching yet you made them watch a team that resembled the minnow, grimly holding out for the lucrative replay against the bigger team. I was embarassed, bored and frankly ashamed.

So fellow City fans, was that what you all expected when in the summer we bought the magician Silva? The powerhouse Yaya? The dynamic Milner who ran Villas side on his own and scored many goals?
Our own club has raised our levels of expectations to new heights yet we watch dross.
Mancini AGAIN bottled it. He played the media institution that is the scum. He played Charlton, Best, Cantona and all the other ingredients which make up that lot. He should have played Park, Fletcher, berbatov and co. Let's make no mistake, the Scum are NOT a good side anymore. Last season in the semi's they were not a good side. Yet City like most other teams have lost the game before the first minute. Oh, sorry, yes, we got a 0-0 draw. Well done Mr Mancini. Well done for sending out a side devoid of any attacking intentions. Tonight we were again little city, the small team in fear of the big bad opposition. It was pathetic.

Those who are satisfied with a draw have NO expectations and must be frozen in a time warp of zero expectation. I had no expectation for 25 years and was never promised any so i didn't moan. Now we are promised the world. We are told we are on the level of The Scum now, deserve to be favourites, yet we make substitutions in the 92nd minute to eat away time, and slope off with a point.

Yes I'm annoyed. We have had average sides before which actually put 3, 4 or even 5 goals past The Scum, now we have the best team ever, they have one of their poorest and we scrape a 0-0 draw, the irony is stunning.

I never wanted this guy. I certainly didn't want him retained this season. I bit my tongue, voiced my concern on here but always TRIED to understand something bigger, that Mancini MUST know something I couldn't see. Tonight he utterly ratified my original opinion from last season. He is too scared to take a chance.

I waited a few hours, didn't want to react straight away, but tonight was such a bitter dissapointment.
So all you lot who are jumping up and down cheering because we held the mighty Darren Fletcher and co to a 0-0 draw, congratulations. You must be happy. You are probably the same ones who were smiling as they left the ground after winning 2-1 in last seasons 1st leg, although the cluued up fans knew it was a wasted opportunity.
For me, the only team which threatened to score onight was the scum. Not us. The home side. They didn't create much of note but I always had a feeling they just might. Never had that with us.
Mr Mancini, another opportunity gone.
YOu said you wanted to change our mentality, well I believe you have. before we were just inconsistent City, scoring many, conceeding many, usually crap but never dull.
Now we are just dull, lifeless and sterile. You certianly changed it Mr Mancini.
Couldn't have put it better myself. Spot on.

The test is what does he do against Birmingham?

I dont want to see a slow and uninspiing midfield of Toure, Barry, De Jong and Milner. Two of those is plenty.

Johnson needs to start that game and we need to forwards on the pitch too so in the absence of Balotelli, Adebayor needs to play.

Silva should drop into midfield and play alongside De Jong and Barry.

Football is supposed to be entertaining. Some people pay £50 quid for games like last night.

Last night's performance was utter dross and the OP is absolutely spot on. Can anybody on here tell me/us when we have played well this season, because I haven't seen it yet. With the players we have we shouldn't be afraid of anybody, but to cower down and play like we did - at home - against Un*ted was fukcing disgraceful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.