Muamba at the match tonight

halfcenturyup

Really an amazing story ..... motivational even.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17895262

Fabrice Muamba will attend Bolton match against Tottenham

Fabrice Muamba will attend Bolton's Premier League match against Tottenham at the Reebok Stadium on Wednesday.

Muamba, 24, suffered a cardiac arrest during Bolton's FA Cup tie at Spurs on 17 February and he was released from hospital on 16 April.

"We are absolutely delighted that we will be able to welcome Fabrice and his family back to the Reebok," said Bolton manager Owen Coyle.

"It's fitting the match is between these two clubs and he can attend."

He added: "I know Fabrice is very keen to show his appreciation to both sets of fans for their support."

Muamba was technically dead for 78 minutes and unconscious for three days after collapsing on the pitch during his team's FA Cup quarter-final match at White Hart Lane.

The 24-year-old started talking again two days after the incident and was walking just over two weeks later.

Since he left hospital, the midfielder has continued his rehabilitation at home. It is not yet known if he will play professional football again.

Bolton, who have a game in hand on the teams around them, have the chance to move out of the relegation zone with victory against Spurs.

I wonder if he has any recollection of what happened during those 78 minutes he was dead.

redmizzle said:
I wonder if he has any recollection of what happened during those 78 minutes he was dead.

I'm sensing that's rhetorical?

Really good to see him on the pitch lapping up the crowd's noise.

Brilliant. Chuffed for the guy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.