Muffin or Barm

metalblue said:
Davs 19 said:

At last ;.)

You know the £50 also comes with a free chip barm supper at Leo's for two don't you?

The devil's always in the detail isn't it ?

I'll have to take some time to consider whether I'm prepared to throw my principles and beliefs in the bin on the way in for £50.

Done that now and the answer is yes. I'll assuage my feeling of guilt by telling myself that it's a one night stand that means nothing.

Who knows, by the time I leave, Leos may well have been 'converted'.

It's a BARM, I have known it as a BARM since I was a little 'Lassie from Lancashire'

She's a lassie from Lancashire,
Just a lassie from Lancashire,
She's the lassie that I love dear,
Oh! so dear.
Though she dresses in clogs and shawl,
And eats BARMCAKES with us all
None could be fairer or rarer than Sarah,
My lass from Lancashire.

;-)

p.s. Mods I think that should be the definitive answer don't you?? ;-)

"An old English nursery rhyme, "The Muffin Man", describes a door-to-door purveyor of muffins. The rhyme was known at the time of Jane Austen in the early 19th century, and a muffin man is mentioned at one point in her novel Persuasion.[2] The muffins sold at this period were made of yeasted dough and baked on a hot griddle.

The name is first found in print in 1703, spelled moofin;[3] it is of uncertain origin but possibly derived from the Low German Muffen, the plural of Muffe meaning a small cake, or possibly with some connection to the Old French moufflet meaning soft as said of bread.[4][5]

Muffins may well originate as far back as the 10th century, yet the muffin became a fashionable bread during the 18th century. By the beginning of the 19th century, there were dozens of muffin factories in existence, and the "muffin man" was a common sight.

Muffins are a quick-baking bread and have become a tea-table staple. They are usually split, toasted, buttered, and then eaten with a savoury or sweet topping such as honey or, in Manchester, eaten non toasted with chips and butter."

NO BARMS in 17 0 fuckin 3

mancityvstoke said:
"An old English nursery rhyme, "The Muffin Man", describes a door-to-door purveyor of muffins. The rhyme was known at the time of Jane Austen in the early 19th century, and a muffin man is mentioned at one point in her novel Persuasion.[2] The muffins sold at this period were made of yeasted dough and baked on a hot griddle.

The name is first found in print in 1703, spelled moofin;[3] it is of uncertain origin but possibly derived from the Low German Muffen, the plural of Muffe meaning a small cake, or possibly with some connection to the Old French moufflet meaning soft as said of bread.[4][5]

Muffins may well originate as far back as the 10th century, yet the muffin became a fashionable bread during the 18th century. By the beginning of the 19th century, there were dozens of muffin factories in existence, and the "muffin man" was a common sight.

Muffins are a quick-baking bread and have become a tea-table staple. They are usually split, toasted, buttered, and then eaten with a savoury or sweet topping such as honey or, in Manchester, eaten non toasted with chips and butter."

Brilliant work.

The End.

Davs 19 said:
mancityvstoke said:

Brilliant work.

The End.

Brilliant indeed, I was especially interested to read

the plural of Muffe meaning a small cake

mancityvstoke said:

The eagle has fuckin landed...the thread is closed, thank you and goodnight.

mancityvstoke said:

You deserve a medal mate. End of thread

Purpleheart.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.