Mum

Evening all, apologies for the lack of reply.

Thank you for all the replies, it actually took me back somewhat, so I’m pleased I posted it.

Mums home. After 55,000 tests they couldn’t find a specific reason and believe it may be down to a too high dose of BP tablets which caused the sweating, shortness of breath and fainting. We’re in contact with the GP to review.

So whilst we’re still not at the stage of knowing for a fact what the issue is, it’s good to have her back home with the Old Man, she’s eating and drinking and moaning...

Sincere thanks again all.

Great news, TINY, you must have been worried sick.
Look after Mum, have a couple of drinks and enjoy the match. x

Evening all, apologies for the lack of reply.

Thank you for all the replies, it actually took me back somewhat, so I’m pleased I posted it.

Mums home. After 55,000 tests they couldn’t find a specific reason and believe it may be down to a too high dose of BP tablets which caused the sweating, shortness of breath and fainting. We’re in contact with the GP to review.

So whilst we’re still not at the stage of knowing for a fact what the issue is, it’s good to have her back home with the Old Man, she’s eating and drinking and moaning...

Sincere thanks again all.
Glad to here it (just read your post elsewhere), but it's given me a scare as my mum was suffering similar symptoms a couple of months ago, and was beginning to struggle.

She had tried to see a doctor for 4 months, but they were basically refusing patients. In the end she got very persistent (or my dad did), and eventually a doctor phoned her back, rather than the medic she previously spoken to, discussed her medication, immediately called her in for a blood test, and after the results came back told her to stop taking the tablets for a few days then gave her a new prescription. She also told her that if she deteriorated any further that she was to go straight to A&E, as it was likely very serious as these tablets had reduced her sodium (I think) to nearly zero. She went back a few days later and her sodium was back to normal, and she's been fine ever since, sounds like she was very similar, and close to a similar outcome.

Glad she's back to being OK, but it makes you wonder about the prescribing, and some of the people who are doing it, the doctor clearly spotted it right away, and made the right decision very swiftly.

Glad to here it (just read your post elsewhere), but it's given me a scare as my mum was suffering similar symptoms a couple of months ago, and was beginning to struggle.

She had tried to see a doctor for 4 months, but they were basically refusing patients. In the end she got very persistent (or my dad did), and eventually a doctor phoned her back, rather than the medic she previously spoken to, discussed her medication, immediately called her in for a blood test, and after the results came back told her to stop taking the tablets for a few days then gave her a new prescription. She also told her that if she deteriorated any further that she was to go straight to A&E, as it was likely very serious as these tablets had reduced her sodium (I think) to nearly zero. She went back a few days later and her sodium was back to normal, and she's been fine ever since, sounds like she was very similar, and close to a similar outcome.

Glad she's back to being OK, but it makes you wonder about the prescribing, and some of the people who are doing it, the doctor clearly spotted it right away, and made the right decision very swiftly.
Well when we had the conversation with a different GP today, the doctor went through her tablets and said something similar to “oh right, when we prescribe XXXXX we always stop YYYYYY” but no one has ever said that, so she’s been taking both for a while.

Her potassium was high when her bloods were done but not to a worrying level.

We’re now taking her BP twice a day and have another chat with the same GP a week on Monday. Very scary how things missed such as these can cause so much damage. She was halfway down the stairs when she felt unwell, thank Yaya she was able to make it down

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.