Mumbai

According to reports/witnesses, they were deliberately targeting British and Americans......those horrible, evil countries that created all those jobs in Mumbai call centres, that boosted the country's economy a few years back.......

Gaudino said:
According to reports/witnesses, they were deliberately targeting British and Americans......those horrible, evil countries that created all those jobs in Mumbai call centres, that boosted the country's economy a few years back.......

I've always said that the BT call-centre staff "wanted shooting", but I didn't mean it literally.

First, let me declare an interest. I'm 'supposed' to be flying to Mumbai next Fri for the two test matches, so perhaps its more important to me.
My disappointment at the flippancy shown by some on here whilst people have been killed in large numbers, others are being held hostage and families all over the world are worrying about loved ones, I can't find words. SOME of those involved are British, but I would have thought even were they not then jokes and games chat would not be included in this thread.
Do'nt remember many humorous posts about 7/7, or was that different because it was here.

blueandy1mac said:
First, let me declare an interest. I'm 'supposed' to be flying to Mumbai next Fri for the two test matches, so perhaps its more important to me.
My disappointment at the flippancy shown by some on here whilst people have been killed in large numbers, others are being held hostage and families all over the world are worrying about loved ones, I can't find words. SOME of those involved are British, but I would have thought even were they not then jokes and games chat would not be included in this thread.
Do'nt remember many humorous posts about 7/7, or was that different because it was here.

My post wasn't flippant. I mean it as this is the way they repay UK/US investment. As in the way others. are happy to live here, take full advantage of our system, then commit acts of terrorism against the 'evil west' and it's ways

Gaudino said:
blueandy1mac said:

My post wasn't flippant. I mean it as this is the way they repay UK/US investment. As in the way others. are happy to live here, take full advantage of our system, then commit acts of terrorism against the 'evil west' and it's ways

It's an incredibly flippant comment. Judging from news reports, most of those carrying out the attacks weren't Indian, so it's hardly a valid argument.

Even if they were Indian, you're extrapolating the lunacy of a handful onto a city of 13 million people, and a country of over 1.1 billion.

The Sky Sports News angle on the attacks has been interesting today. It's basically been: "Terrorist attacks in Mumbai blah, blah, blah, many injured, some dead, blah, blah, blah but don't worry folks! Freddie Flintoff is OK and the cricket is goin to be postponed!"

Blue Dan said:
The Sky Sports News angle on the attacks has been interesting today. It's basically been: "Terrorist attacks in Mumbai blah, blah, blah, many injured, some dead, blah, blah, blah but don't worry folks! Freddie Flintoff is OK and the cricket is goin to be postponed!"

Reminds me of the Daily Mail front-page headline the day after the Tsunami hit the Indian Ocean. It was (paraphrasing) something like '10 Britons dead', and underneath in smaller writing 'tens of thousands of locals also drowned'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.