Murder Hunt after skeleton found on building site

Ducado

Team supported
City
I find this a very sad story, by the looks of the clothing it certainly dates back to the early sixties somebodies daughter or mother disappeared around than never to be heard of again lets hope they can identify her quickly

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1191952_murder_hunt_after_skeleton_found_on_building_site" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... lding_site</a>

The pictures are in the Gallery, it would be interesting if anyone could identify the very distinctive dress

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
yorkshire ripper??
Could have been. Looking at the pictures those clothes are from that era (66-76????)

Like OP stated earlier, this is very sad. found between the wall of a building and a fence,I'm guessing the wall is at the back of crisisline. Very sad she has lain there all that time, hope they find the ba**ard that killed her.

BLUENATIC said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:
yorkshire ripper??
Could have been. Looking at the pictures those clothes are from that era (66-76????)

Like OP stated earlier, this is very sad. found between the wall of a building and a fence,I'm guessing the wall is at the back of crisisline. Very sad she has lain there all that time, hope they find the ba**ard that killed her.

Agreed, very sad.

Somebody's daughter certainly.

And possibly somebody's mother.

I would not think it was the ripper, the style of the clothes suggest late 50's early sixties (IMO) it will be more like a domestic type murder as most are, body wrapped in carpet etc, I don't think it will be long till they identify her with modern forensic techniques, if it is that old there is every chance that the murderer is dead and gone now, or a very old man with a guilty conscience

Ducado said:
I would not think it was the ripper, the style of the clothes suggest late 50's early sixties (IMO) it will be more like a domestic type murder as most are, body wrapped in carpet etc, I don't think it will be long till they identify her with modern forensic techniques, if it is that old there is every chance that the murderer is dead and gone now, or a very old man with a guilty conscience

If she is nearer 18 than an older woman then I think Brady's name will possibly be brought into the frame. I don't think it has his trademark IMHO but he did once suggest he had done killings in Manc for years before he was caught for the ones we do know about.

Don't think it is his style though.

I reckon they will concentrate on the carpet she was found in and that will give them the most clues re forensics, dates and where it was distributed geographically.

Hope they give her back her name, whoever she was.

The dress was very distinctive though Macca, they said (may be in another article) that they had may be 10 profiles as to who it may have been, Like I said I don't think the identity will be so much of a problem provided that she was reported as missing at the time, all these old cases fascinate me like the ladies in the lakes killers (there were two) they had got away with it for many years (or thought they had) But it's the way they went on to lead quite normal lives, there was a case in the US recently where a guy had murdered someone 30 years before, he went on to be a pillar of his community, but new DNA techniques caught up with him

Ducado said:
The dress was very distinctive though Macca, they said (may be in another article) that they had may be 10 profiles as to who it may have been, Like I said I don't think the identity will be so much of a problem provided that she was reported as missing at the time, all these old cases fascinate me like the ladies in the lakes killers (there were two) they had got away with it for many years (or thought they had) But it's the way they went on to lead quite normal lives, there was a case in the US recently where a guy had murdered someone 30 years before, he went on to be a pillar of his community, but new DNA techniques caught up with him

I know. It fascinates me too.

The dress is undoubtedly important, but the carpet is linked to the killer as she was wrapped in it after her death. That is where they will get the killer I think, whilst the dress will help to identify her. A parallel importance in other words.

Just glad she has been found.

I lived in the srudent accomodation right next to there, and then just a few minutes up the road... soon i'll be just behind there.

Completely useless information i know... the body was discovered around 10 days ago, theres been 24 watch on the building site since.

CIS HQ is going to be built on a burial ground; creepy.

I lived down the road from the lady in the lae killer in Barrow too, keep away from me!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.