Music acts RIP

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bluethrunthru, 22 Oct 2019.

1. hammocity

hammocity

Have you heard his version of Cigarettes and Alcohol? It’s fucking abysmal and embarrassing. Saying that I loved some of his early music and his work with The Faces, Cindy Incidentally was a great track.

2. ColinBellsjockstrap

ColinBellsjockstrap

Never heard this before...lol!

hammocity likes this.
  3. StrangewaysHereWeCome

StrangewaysHereWeCome

Ok boomer.
    As it happens, My "Kennedy" moment will be the death of Kurt Cobain. I was just coming around in a friend's flat, we'd all crashed at hers after a night out in town, all the pubs that were doing 20 pence a pint student night. To hear he'd been found shot dead on radio was at the time quite shocking.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. chesterbells

chesterbells

lol, fair enough mate.
    The truth for me is that I loved rock up to about 87, but then lost total interest, partly due to the grunge takeover, but more because I discovered house music that winter and by the summer of 88 I was a gonna and (nearly) completely taken by dance music

5. StrangewaysHereWeCome

StrangewaysHereWeCome

You're probably a couple years older than me then. I caught the tail end of house music and rave but it all was going commercial, replacing the pop and rock mainstream music of the 80s. It's funny, since I turned 30 I got a right taste for all the old music from the 70s and 80s whereas 90s pop/dance is mostly shite

chesterbells likes this.