Music acts RIP

Dennis he is up there with the most amazing people to have ever walked musical earth and was dubbed France's Frank Sinatra. I had no idea anyone else on here like him and so for a while thought myself somewhat strange having played his tracks many a time on the Juke Box thread.

During the german occupation of france during World War II Aznavour and his family hid “a number of people who were persecuted by the Nazis, while Charles and his sister Aida were involved in rescue activities.” Their work was recognized in a statement issued in 2017 by Reuven Rivll, President of Israel. That year, Aznavour and Aida received the Raoul Wallenberg Award for their wartime activities. "The Aznavours were closely linked to the Missak Manouchian Resistance Group and in this context they offered shelter to Armenians, Jews and others at their own Paris flat, risking their own lives."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Aznavour

Here is one of my favourite songs and an also wonderful video production. What a life and what a journey !

Yesterday When I Was Young:

Great track..i hadnt heard the original before,but was aware of Marc Almonds cover in 1993....which i liked esp when sung live,but the original is something else.Great voice.

I attended his funeral. The invite said dress casual. No jacket required.
Poor Phil. Against all odds he nearly survived however dr's said that even two hearts wouldn't of been enough to save him and his last words to his family were take me home

RIP Phil

Vera Lynn still going aged 100 and something. (Part of this is made up)

Just watch when Morrissey goes.... Half the haters on here be proclaiming him as a great and how they wished they had seen him live..... Well i have all of your names marked and hateful posts screen shot to expose the hypercrites.....
@jimharri will be first in with the crocodile tears.....
OK, I'll start off the formal OBITs:
Oh Dear

How sad

Never Mind.

Bunch of old farts whose experience of music ended circa 1985.

There are plenty of great acts around to take their places.

Elton fucking John, who’ll miss him!

Completely disagree. You’d have to place that point much later, around ‘91, all that grungy grunty screaming nonsense

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.