Music from your youff

flook

Team supported
Don't ask daft questions
Over the last few months, having more time on my hands, I've started to rediscover bands that were around during my teenage years, but whose music at the time transcended my musical development. This started with Fleetwood Mac, travelled through Motorhead, The Cranberries and is currently devouring The Cure and The Pixies. I'm sure now that there will be more to follow, aided by amazon music (thanks Jeff).

At the time I heard their music, thought it was alright, (OK in the case of Motorhead and The Pixies, thought it was awful) but it didn't really speak to me. Is this a common thing? "discovering" bands 30 or 40 years after their heyday?

Who knows, at some point I may even pop a Smiffs album on and give it another go

...Who knows, at some point I may even pop a Smiffs album on and give it another go
SplendidScaryDartfrog-small.gif

Over the last few months, having more time on my hands, I've started to rediscover bands that were around during my teenage years, but whose music at the time transcended my musical development. This started with Fleetwood Mac, travelled through Motorhead, The Cranberries and is currently devouring The Cure and The Pixies. I'm sure now that there will be more to follow, aided by amazon music (thanks Jeff).

At the time I heard their music, thought it was alright, (OK in the case of Motorhead and The Pixies, thought it was awful) but it didn't really speak to me. Is this a common thing? "discovering" bands 30 or 40 years after their heyday?

Who knows, at some point I may even pop a Smiffs album on and give it another go
Actually it's the making of a good thread, I never listened to rock music as a youngster but in the last couple of years I have discovered Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd etc which I really enjoy listening to, it's broadened my horizons somewhat.

My teens?
Here we go
Small Faces
The Kinks
The Animals
The Stones
The Beatles
Chris Farlowe
Simon Dupree and the Big Sound
The Bonzos
The Incredible String Band
Donovan
Cat Stevens
Al Stewart
Roy Harper
Pink Floyd
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Clifford T Ward
Peter Skellern
Et al...

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.