MY(american) thoughts on the teams terrific playing recently

AJ719887

alright to start things off this is my first topic on this board and one of my first posts. secondly i have really only begun to love the game of football(soccer) in recent years, thus only becoming a city fan in those years too. this year i have fallowed the epl but mainly city closer than ever, trying o catch all the games i possibly can whether its on TV or a poor quality stream on the comp.

so for my thoughts on our wonderful winning ways... these games recently have been terrible to watch, not just because were losing but also because of the way its happening. in these last few weeks the team doesnt seem like they want to be on the pitch. there is no fire, or drive. they all seem to just be going through the motions.... more so on the defensive side but still all over the pitch. losing the last two premiere games in the final minutes of the game has been from terrible marking by the defense. it almost seems like they give up when the game is coming to an end. not only that the D seems to get way out of position which then thins it out, so when we have a bad pass(which seems to be way to offen lately) the counter has a ton of room to work.

I know many people blame mark hughes for all of our problems this year but in my opinion it is more on the situation the team is in rather than purely managerial. i believe the team has way too much on there plates right now... it seems that some of the players are more worried about this transfer window than on playing football. then with mark hughes, he seems to not be handeling the pressure well when it comes to managing the team when there on the pitch, what i mean by this is that he has sooo much expected of him with the money and to win right away i beleive he is getting away from coaching the team the way he should be.

With all this said i beleive Hughes does need more time... i mean we have gone through managers recently like crazy. he should get his chance to show his talent, or lack of. the team on the other hand should get the heads outta there a***s and just play football to win instead of worrying about this january and what is going to happen with the team. this team has talent as we have seen this year to be a relegation squad. Im not saying the team is great but at this point in the year we should be battling for a top 8 spot and not trying to get out of relegation.

I cannot wait for january to go by so we can see how the team will perform without this distraction of money and signing of new players......

and remember WE'VE GOT ROBINHO!!! WE'VE GOT ROBINHO lol

AJ719887 said:
trying o catch all the games i possibly can whether its on TV or a poor quality stream on the comp.

With all this said i beleive Hughes does need more time...

Must be really poor quality streaming across the pond. ;)

Welcome to the asylum

Still doesn't account for the fact that this squad has by and large underperformed all season.

I thought dropping to 18th may be the wake up call they needed but again they proved me wrong with another lacklustre insipid display.

We may have Robinho now but I doubt we will have him for much longer.

These excuses about the January window who the press say we are in for are just that excuses.

We are 18 points worse off than we were at this time last season with a team that includes Robinho , Kompany , SWP who all when fit and available are in our starting lineup.

Hart and Richards and Ireland have another year of experience under their belts.

Their is no excuse for where we are and if we keep the focus on excuses we will go down to the championship.

We can and should be beating Hull this Friday so for once let see this side deliver before we have to offload some of our " better performers " who will not stick atound when we are relegated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.