My Collection

Just watching a programme on Channel 4 Devon & Cornwall, one of the locals in a little fishing village pub with a City shirt on
Missus tells me she saw an old bloke in an Aguero t-shirt in a bar in Maine.

Yeah any chance, which few?

1972-73 white & blue sash away shirts.

1982-83 Home with white SAAB sponsor

1984-85 away shirt shown here featuring Jim Melrose
84-85away.jpg

Ultra rare 1989/90 away shirt worn only five times by City at Luton, Sheffield Wednesday, Spurs, Millwall & QPR...The shirt design would be used again the following campaign with the new added collar.....Another holy grail of City shirts !!!
89-90marr.jpg

1972-73 white & blue sash away shirts.

1982-83 Home with white SAAB sponsor

1984-85 away shirt shown here featuring Jim Melrose
View attachment 21707

Ultra rare 1989/90 away shirt worn only five times by City at Luton, Sheffield Wednesday, Spurs, Millwall & QPR...The shirt design would be used again the following campaign with the new added collar.....Another holy grail of City shirts !!!
View attachment 21708
In 1985 I attended the game when we played an Isle of Man XI during the tournament there pretty sure it was in Castletown. It was our last game of 3 and we tonked them with Jim Melrose getting at least 4 or 5 { memory fades stuff so sorry if slightly off key } At the final whistle I approached Mr Melrose on what was no more than a park pitch and enquired if I may relieve him of his shirt but he informed me that wouldn't be possible due to his days goal haul in said shirt. He was proper polite and I think it was the red and black kit. Sorry Mark I sound a bit like Jim Bowen " Look what you could have won ".

Walking round a Sports Shop in Adelaide and asked if he had a Man. City cap, "no call for them" he said, then a 9/10 year old lad hearing me shouted CI-TY at the top of his voice from the back of the Shop. I said " looks as if you have two already".
Brilliant mate I like things like that might be small club minded but prefer things like than kids just picking a club from the top table . Two examples from me are I was lucky enough to be in New York years ago during the dark days and there was a bloke in Times Square with a suit on but.. wearing a city baseball cap just a nod of acknowledgment from the pair of us.
And Filey bay every morning I’d be out with the dog I’d be wearing a city tee-shirt and there’s this bloke jogging every morning the third morning he wore his city top whilst out running no words between just a thumbs up to each other .

Was gonna post about it then saw you had.....i really want that 84/85 away top....I had it as a kid, and always loved it.......dunno why, cos its red.....but think its class:)

Brilliant mate I like things like that might be small club minded but prefer things like than kids just picking a club from the top table . Two examples from me are I was lucky enough to be in New York years ago during the dark days and there was a bloke in Times Square with a suit on but.. wearing a city baseball cap just a nod of acknowledgment from the pair of us.
And Filey bay every morning I’d be out with the dog I’d be wearing a city tee-shirt and there’s this bloke jogging every morning the third morning he wore his city top whilst out running no words between just a thumbs up to each other .
Growing up in Belfast it was similar....not so much now, but on the rare occasion you saw a City top/scarf/hat, there always a subtle nod of acknowledgement :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.